Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Believers of God and logic...

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM
  • 18 Replies
I grew up in an extremely religious house. Believe me! I have had my doubts. Many doubts. I left my religion 8 yrs ago.

I really don't know what I believe anymore. I get why some say its just logical that you have to see something to believe in something. I guess for me there are two problems with that.

One, I just can't discount the fact that I cannot prove that their isn't a God. I can't be 100% sure without proof.

And then I think how big the universe is and how we are just a speck. How can we be the only ones? Is it logical to think we are?

Then there are my children. I love them so very much. I just look at my baby and am amazed. There is a lot of evil in the world but there is also a lot of wonderful things as well. We aren't like animals, living by instinct. We have love,pain,empathy and a conscience ( well a good amount of us) I just don't know how that could just come about.

I really don't know what to believe. These things just stick in my head and are why I can't be completely sure there is no God or others out there.
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Okay...more like three problems...lol
terpmama
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Actually many animal species show caring, empathy and relational bonding. Elephants grieve for their "loved ones"...
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Not to the extent that humans do

Quoting terpmama: Actually many animal species show caring, empathy and relational bonding. Elephants grieve for their "loved ones"...
Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this

who are we to say that.  just because they dont tell us in a way way we can understand that doesnt mean that the degree that they feel things isnt similar to ours.  i always find it fascinating when people think animals are 'less intelligent' than humans. lol.  ... einstein said it best when he spoke of judging a fish's intelligence by its ability to clime a tree.  

Quoting wonderwomanT08: Not to the extent that humans do
Quoting terpmama: Actually many animal species show caring, empathy and relational bonding. Elephants grieve for their "loved ones"...

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:38 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree... I absolutely believe in God because to me believing in God was the logical choice... for the very reasons you listed... the univesre is such a vast and complex place, the laws that hold it together are so intricate there is no way it could have just happened... not to my mind at least. 

ducabbage
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I understand what people say about having to see something to believe it, but that's why God has done it this way. He wants us to believe in Him and His Son without seeing. I believe in God because deep down inside, I know God is there, especially in my recent life. I have faith because it is what feels like the right thing. God is amazing in what He has made and it is a shame that evil had to come and destroy His good work.
Trevorsmommy1
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I was brought up in a religious home too, i m thankful i was, it has made me a better person i think. yes i believe in God and his Son, especially since ds was born.. everything makes more sense now, and prayer works in miraclous ways!!

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe in God, after years of not following any organized religion. Very happy where I am in life right now, and have seen many signs, personal to me, theat He exists.

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I believe in God...when i was a teen going through a rebellious phase i didnt...but i do now very much. Not in the typical way people do as in go to church every sunday. I pray at home i ask for strength and guidance but with how corrupt churches have become and experiances with alot of churches i firmly believe "wherever two or more garher in my name i am there"...i dont rhin you have to devote yourself and every spare second to a church to be a good catholic. But i guess what i am saying is i have been through many experiances that have shown me that God is listening and that He is there.
DylannMadiesmom
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 8:14 AM
I know there is a One true God. I look around and I can see it, see Him everywhere. I know that He died for me, and I know that I will get to meet Him face to face in Heaven. I know that He has given me two beautiful children to adore and love here on this earth, but they are His just as I am. I know that God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life in Christ Jesus, our Lord.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)