Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I grew up in an extremely religious house. Believe me! I have had my doubts. Many doubts. I left my religion 8 yrs ago.

I really don't know what I believe anymore. I get why some say its just logical that you have to see something to believe in something. I guess for me there are two problems with that.

One, I just can't discount the fact that I cannot prove that their isn't a God. I can't be 100% sure without proof.

And then I think how big the universe is and how we are just a speck. How can we be the only ones? Is it logical to think we are?

Then there are my children. I love them so very much. I just look at my baby and am amazed. There is a lot of evil in the world but there is also a lot of wonderful things as well. We aren't like animals, living by instinct. We have love,pain,empathy and a conscience ( well a good amount of us) I just don't know how that could just come about.

I really don't know what to believe. These things just stick in my head and are why I can't be completely sure there is no God or others out there.
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Replies (11-18):
rainboz
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 8:17 AM

You sound like real wishey washey mess and i feel sorry for your kids Figure out what your doing so that your children have a leader in there life. This i do i dont bull is for the birds your children deserve a stable minded person so make up your mind for your kids sake!

Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow, is this for real? The feelings she has are totally normal and shared by a lot of people. It doesn't mean she's not a good parent. Someone who questions and thinks things through is a better role model than someone who just believes in something because it's what they've always been told.

Quoting rainboz:

You sound like real wishey washey mess and i feel sorry for your kids Figure out what your doing so that your children have a leader in there life. This i do i dont bull is for the birds your children deserve a stable minded person so make up your mind for your kids sake!

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I was pretty much raised to not think for myself. Now I do. And I will encourage my children to do the same. Whatever they choose to believe or not is up to them. Maybe you need to get out more. Not everyone thinks or lives the same way you and I do. 

Quoting rainboz:

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Actually they do. They also show more love and compassion towards each other then A LOT of Humans do.  :0)

Quoting wonderwomanT08: Not to the extent that humans do
Quoting terpmama: Actually many animal species show caring, empathy and relational bonding. Elephants grieve for their "loved ones"...

m.garcia21
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:24 AM
I absolutely belive in god i dont need to see him i feel him,and when i have prayed he always blesses me , i can honestly say i have never felt abandoned by him , and i dont even have a religion
onethentwins
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Quoting wonderwomanT08: And then I think how big the universe is and how we are just a speck. How can we be the only ones? Is it logical to think we are? 

Even if we're not, how would that disprove God? What's to say God didn't create another planet with living beings on it? Logically speaking. 

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I just can't discount the fact that I cannot prove that their isn't a God. I can't be 100% sure without proof. And then I think how big the universe is and how we are just a speck. How can we be the only ones? Is it logical to think we are?

You might find

The CafeMom Atheism FAQ

provides some quite detailed answers to these questions.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:44 PM
I'm not saying that disproves God. But maybe there is other life out there

Quoting onethentwins:

Quoting wonderwomanT08: And then I think how big the universe is and how we are just a speck. How can we be the only ones? Is it logical to think we are? 

Even if we're not, how would that disprove God? What's to say God didn't create another planet with living beings on it? Logically speaking. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN