Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Daughter 3rd birthday party on Saturday ......Really Overwhelmed right now

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:12 PM
  • 9 Replies
Im really overwhelmed. I was gonna have her party at home and now I see its going to be nice out and I wanna have it at a park, and my S/O doesn't want too. Hes such a home body im so frustrated its like hes scared to be out. We just moved to Vancouver from Oregon and even though its like ten minutes away nobody comes out since we moved. I feel like nobodies gonna show up. Two people already cancelled. I'm just getting so overwhelmed and my s/o is all complaining and saying how he doesn't know how to BBQ and just I know hes gonna be whining how nobody shows up if nobody does. I still don't have her cake ordered or a birthday outfit and her parties on Saturday. It's just so much. im not even in a good mood hes up here starring at me to deep clean the house with him. Im really about to explode 8(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Why stress over out. Keep it simple. Keep it small. And just enjoy the day with your daughter
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Its her 3rd, not her,(not that's lesd special)13th! Order some pizza call everyone tomorrow to see 100% of they can make it? Grab a cake and have fun. No matter who shows up.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Parties are so stressful! I hope you can find a way to make it easier! 

MixedCooke
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:54 AM

have it at home, order some pizzas, make some cupcakes and order a bouncehouse and done!  As for her outfit, buy a plain shirt and dress it up with some fabric paint and sparkly stones and make her a little tutu skirt (tie an elastic band and make the no sew one doing a series of ties/knots).  As for decorations, make tissue paper flowers and buy some balloons at the dollar store (those last longer than Party City and are cheaper)!

Infinitex3
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:11 AM

She's not going to remember her 3rd birthday anyway.  At this age, your daughter will love whatever you have planned no matter how simple. :)

Maladro
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Menu:

cheese pizza for the kids, pepperoni or supreme pizza for the grown ups 

2 bags of tostistos chips, and fresh salsa and/or cheese dip

fruit bowl (grapes are easy and fast, strawberries loved by everybody but take more time)

1 veggie plate (cherry tomatoes, celery, baby carrots and raw broccoli) with ranch dressing.

Cup cakes

Drinks.... Juice or Caprisun for kids,  8oz Walter bottles, 3 large bottles (diet coke, regular cake, sprite) if tías at yogur house you may consider beer for the parents.

happy bday plates, napkins, plastic forks, spoons and cups, candles.

balloons!!!

All of this at the same store!!! Kroger, walmart, HEB 

stop by gymboree store, they have the cutest outfit for birthday girls right now! I just saw it this week!

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374305348869&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446033091&Port=DataFeed&ad=SLI

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Why people make birthdays out to be a day of stress ill never know. Bake a cake, decorate it. Get some balloons and streamers an wala...party. if nobody shows up ...fuck em. Its a day to celebrate the birth of your child. All that is required is you and her daddy. Doesnt matter where it is, how much you spend...just put a smile on her face and tell her how much you love her and how glad you are that she was born.
ilovemymixedbby
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Wow I'm just seeing all these thanks and her birthday went great
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 8:19 PM

At that age, the party is really more for you than her, just relax, do whatever you want, and enjoy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN