Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

3 year old in diapers not pull-ups?

Posted by   + Show Post
My son is 3 year old and still in diapers. When we went to play group yesterday one mom asked me why I don't put in pull-ups instead of diapers. I told her they are more expensive and hold my sons pee better. Any moms who kids are still in diapers?
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
ajdahd13
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Pull-ups are no different than diapers. She is obviously one of those moms who uses them to make herself feel better about her kid not being potty trained.
amberNewman0213
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 8:11 AM
My dd is 3 we are still in diapers but working on the potty. However we will not do pull ups.
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Apr. 11, 2014 at 8:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Mine were around 3 & 3 1/2 when they were potty trained. Pull ups are honestly just diapers they can pull  on and off. I used them with DD, and did not with DS. When they were ready to potty train, I switched to underware.

ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on Apr. 11, 2014 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

my oldest  was in diapers up until he start schoool then put him in pull ups  he was in pull up until he was 5 becasue he wasnt talking and delay   

jcm28
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 7:35 PM
I do slip on Huggies. Pull ups suck
bratthobbs
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 7:47 PM

My three year old has never wore pull ups .. he still wears a diaper at night... He refused to go #2 in the potty tho. I have no idea how to break him. He has learned to wait until the morning time with his diaper on to #2.

But to answer your question I always used diapers with all of mine, because like you said pull ups are more expensive and you get less in a pack!

mama-mom-mommy
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Does he care if others know he still wears a diaper?
Boys do potty train later, but as soon as its warm out, take tge diaper off and buy some big boy underwear, and just do it!!
He will feel so accomplished. It sucks when you are starting to check out at the grocery store and all of the sudden they yell " I have to POOP!!"..never fails...
But, think of all the money you will save too.
Pull ups are a crutch and just a way to keep you spending that money.
Visit the potty often and you will never need um.
alishas112
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:22 AM
My son is 3 and still in diapers.
lillettemomma
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:24 AM
My 3 year old is still in diapers and is showing no signs of being ready to potty train..... she has ftt and autism and we were advised by her therapists not to push the issue..... Our 2 year old is more ready to train.....
SRL_45
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I will not use pull ups. They are expensive diapers. They confuse my DD and now she is 2 1/2 and potty training. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)