Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

3 year old in diapers not pull-ups?

Posted by   + Show Post
My son is 3 year old and still in diapers. When we went to play group yesterday one mom asked me why I don't put in pull-ups instead of diapers. I told her they are more expensive and hold my sons pee better. Any moms who kids are still in diapers?
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Replies (21-30):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I never bothered with pull ups at all. They're expensive and really just like a diaper. My kids were potty trained by 2 & I put them straight into underwear. I think pull ups are pointless honestly because they still feel like a diaper
mrspwilliams12
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:00 AM
My sister said she was tired of buying diapers 3 months after my nieces 2nd birthday she was potty trained so I think she skipped pull ups all together
gspot
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM
I tried pull ups with mine and they didnt like them. What does it matter to anyone else. If your child was 5 i might look at you weird but to each his own, but probably wouldnt say anything. Sometimes people need to mind there own business
kam0011
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Same here, my son is three and has autism. He won't go near a potty at this point. I'm hoping I can get him at least introduced to the potty this summer. He is still in diapers to answer the question.

Quoting lillettemomma: My 3 year old is still in diapers and is showing no signs of being ready to potty train..... she has ftt and autism and we were advised by her therapists not to push the issue..... Our 2 year old is more ready to train.....
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 2:00 AM

sorry all of mine were in undies by the time they turned 3.....pull up's are a waste of time they are zero help with potty training

redmummyof3
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 2:12 AM

diapers at night potty during the day

DragonInfinity
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 2:16 AM

yes. though we are working on potty training!

i won't use pull-ups, i don't like them and think they confuse kids!

little.worthen
by Tess on Apr. 13, 2014 at 2:29 AM
This. I tried pull ups once and they made potty training harder

Quoting HIJKLM: I never used pull ups. IMO they confuse kids. They're made to "look and feel like real underwear" So why can I pee in these underwear and not in those?
nocalmegan
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Callie wears a pull up only at night. She kept peeing through her diapers so I bought the over night pull ups and haven't had any problems. She's 2.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 13, 2014 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this
It's not their business. Who cares!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN