Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

3 year old in diapers not pull-ups?

Posted by   + Show Post
My son is 3 year old and still in diapers. When we went to play group yesterday one mom asked me why I don't put in pull-ups instead of diapers. I told her they are more expensive and hold my sons pee better. Any moms who kids are still in diapers?
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Replies (31-40):
LeKendria
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 2:44 AM

I tried pull ups one time with my son and he thought they were pampers that he could take off. I let him finish that pack and bought him underwear. I knew he was ready to pee on his own so I just warned him not to pee in his underwear and BAM he was potty trained. It was much harder for my youngest son but he was trained at 2.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 2:45 AM

I was always told pull-ups didn't make them feel wet, which is what the need to feel when they're potty training.

I did use them with my younger son. Mostly at night. Because they were actually easier for him to take off himself than a diaper. 

cueballsmom
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:03 AM
I did diapers before potty training, which was at 2, 2, and nearly 4. Pullups are a huge waste of money.
Momniscient
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:12 AM
Never used pull-ups and was potty trained fully before three. Some of her friends her
Age are in diapers though.
mamabeard3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:23 AM

My dd is in diapers, Pull ups are just glorified diapers that you pay more for. 

vandmkinsey
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:00 AM

My 3 yo son is in diapers. They're simply not ready to potty train yet... Keep working on it. They'll be potty trained before kindergarten :)

Scarpetta71
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

The only time I ever used pull ups was when my eldest was 4 and had been trained 2 years, she got sick and needed some protection, putting her in a diaper would hAve been more upsetting for her. 

ShadowLark
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Quoting lillettemomma: My 3 year old is still in diapers and is showing no signs of being ready to potty train..... she has ftt and autism and we were advised by her therapists not to push the issue..... Our 2 year old is more ready to train.....

I know, right?  My seven year old is Autistic and still uses Goodnites all day and night (diapers, they just fit him where he's outgrown the smaller ones).  We just potty trained our 3 1/2 year old, and my JUST two year old keeps grabbing the "otty" and sitting on it!  I think he'll be out of diapers before his brother is!

bakingnbooksmom
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:26 PM
We can't use pull-ups on our two and a half year old. Not only do they not hold enough (he's really big for his age which means more pee. Lol), but we tried of different brands, and they all break him out.
Chabeli1112
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:33 PM

the huggies are actually the same price at my local fry's store here for pull ups, we are doing everything to potty train but it's not working lol but what you do with your child is your business so do not mind the negitive comments!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN