Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

3 year old in diapers not pull-ups?

Posted by   + Show Post
My son is 3 year old and still in diapers. When we went to play group yesterday one mom asked me why I don't put in pull-ups instead of diapers. I told her they are more expensive and hold my sons pee better. Any moms who kids are still in diapers?
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Replies (41-50):
jessecutez2
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Dd is almost three and potty trained during the day. At night she wears diiapers. (Dd4 also wears diapers at night, she still occasionally wets the bed)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emycf
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:39 PM

IMO pull ups are expensive diapers that make a bigger mess when you have to change them. The kid will poop in there and then pull it down, getting poop EVERYWHERE in the process, or you'll change them like you would a normal diaper, and lo! There are no tabs to seal the thing shut. I bought one box of pull ups, then just switched straight to underwear. Yes, there were a couple accidents from both of them (I was potty training two 2 year olds at the same time.) But both of them figured it out pretty quick, but they were both ready. I know one little girl who is almost 4 and still struggles with potty training a little. Your son will be ready when he ready. :)

TS9509
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Here's a bump. My DS was potty trained before age 3.
hankbugsmama2
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:38 AM
My son is 2 and starting to potty train himself but were using dippers n real underwear.
skuzzie
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:57 AM
I never used pull ups at that age they were pretty much potty trained I'd do diapers at night for bed until they went a week straight wo an accident then out went the diapers
shalynoel
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I attempted pull ups and it was the biggest waste of money! My son just peed in his pull up.  What really worked was just putting underwear on him and rewarding him for going to the potty. I placed him on the potty like every 30 minutes and I chose to do it on a break from work so I had more time to work on it. By the way, my son was 3 years and 2 months before he got the hang of it!

MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:09 PM
My oldest was in diapers till 3.5. My 6y wears pull ups at night.
pippi311
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:23 PM

I think the woman asking the question was wondering if the 3 year old was being potty trained or not. It's less about pull ups vs diapers and more about whether or not this 3 year old is being potty trained as he should be at this age.

JBirecki
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I saw a kid today who looked like he might be 3 or 4 wearing a luvs diaper, and I didn't really think anything of it except, "I love luvs diapers!"

TheMommaJessie
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:58 PM

my son is 3 1/2 and still in diapers he will not potty train no matter what i do. i beg, plead, bribe, take diapers away, put him in a pull up ect and nothing has worked. his pedi says that it is normal for a boy to not be am potty trained until 4!!!! i am at my wits end with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN