Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Fairly new here, I have been told that this is a smaller, nicer group. :)

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM
  • 22 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi all! I have been on CM for a little while, but not enough to know the proper "rules". The group I have typically posted on so far has been horribly cruel and nasty. Is there a group that I can actually chat and vent with? I would love to have an outlet to share, it has been a rough year so far for my family.

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:58 AM
I agree that smaller groups can be better suited to you. Only one thing...I thought Newcomers was the largest group on cafemom.
A good idea would be to do a search of groups based on your personal specific interest. Or local area.
RitaTequila531
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:03 AM
Maybe private groups?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Hello and welcome! Yes this is a nice small group where you can chat and vent anytime!
Please make yourself at home here!:)
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:28 AM
Newcomers used to be a very large group but it is now a small to medium sized group with very little drama - if any at all! Once the mom confessions group opened, newcomers became a much smaller and sweeter group.:)

Quoting RoseWall: I agree that smaller groups can be better suited to you. Only one thing...I thought Newcomers was the largest group on cafemom.
A good idea would be to do a search of groups based on your personal specific interest. Or local area.
RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:12 AM
Then this sounds like just the right place for her.

Quoting Cafe Robin: Newcomers used to be a very large group but it is now a small to medium sized group with very little drama - if any at all! Once the mom confessions group opened, newcomers became a much smaller and sweeter group.:)

Quoting RoseWall: I agree that smaller groups can be better suited to you. Only one thing...I thought Newcomers was the largest group on cafemom.
RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:15 AM
Proper rules huh?
I have been wondering about that.
I do not know them either.
Here's a bump

Quoting Happymom0301:

Hi all! I have been on CM for a little while, but not enough to know the proper "rules". The group I have typically posted on so far has been horribly cruel and nasty. Is there a group that I can actually chat and vent with? I would love to have an outlet to share, it has been a rough year so far for my family.

Constant_Reader
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Rules, shmules. Just be nice and Stay away from 'Fessors! Every other group I'm in is wonderful. MC is for us heifers.

;) Hope you like it here!
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
11 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Sorry that happened .. yes there are a few that are very pleasant & supportive.
As well as chat, vent & enjoy ..
How old are your kids?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Happymom0301:

mombrain1994
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I am new also. I have not yet experienced the backlash I have seen on some of the posts. I think you have to ignore them maybe they are having a bad . Welcome to CM I like it a lot. I am sahm mom and connecting with the women on here has been a great help especially when I just need to vent! Hope you enjoy this group

Quoting Happymom0301:

Happymom0301
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Thank you! I have two kids, my DD is 8, and my DS will be 14 on Monday (04/14/14) :)

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom,Sorry that happened .. yes there are a few that are very pleasant & supportive.As well as chat, vent & enjoy .. How old are your kids?Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Happymom0301:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)