Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How do you find a best friend????

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:23 PM
  • 14 Replies

bummed_outSo here's the deal..... 

I need a new best friend.  I live in a small town and its impossible to find one here.  I lost one best friend to brain cancer in Nov.  I actually met her here on CafeMom and she lived in my town.  Its hard because we were besties for 6 years.  My other best friend has gone mental and I had to end a 7 year friendship because she refused to get the help she needed.   I miss have a confidant... someone that I could tell my deepest secrets to and not get judged... I miss texting, talking, etc. 

I'm 46 and a stay at home mom to 7 and 8 year old girls.   

Anyone else need a bestie and would like to talk and see if we can make a friendship?   My profile says alot about me.  

Carol

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Carol sorry you're going through a lot! ((Hugs))
kanake
Hooray for the rain.
Tuesday at 9:14 PM
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM
I have a 20 yr old, but I don't work. Message me if you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ardan85
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:30 PM
I am 46 also! I would love a BFF. Where are you from???!!!
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Besties are hard to come by. One of mine PCSd across the country. The other works all the freaking time. I miss them both dearly.
Fabiana211
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Im 33 i live in miami
taKENheart
by Flovely on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:39 PM

I'm so sorry you lost your best friend :(
My bestie is a lady that I met here on Cm.  She's about 3hrs from me and we message daily.  I'd be happy to be friends with you ;) I'm about to be 39 so I'm not too far off from your age.
I think besties are hard to find.  Well, at least someone that has a ton in common with you or will always be there for you when you need them.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Oh Carol I am so sorry about your friend, what a tragedy. :(   I hope you soon find someone to be best friends with. I believe that best friends aren't something that a person can actually search for.  I think that the search is for a friend, and then with enough in common and similar interests and goals, that a stronger friendship develops. Best wishes and ((hugs)) to you.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My best friend, besides my husband, is the lady I roomed with in college. We were in each other's weddings, had children about the same times,  and still email, call, write snail mail to each other. 

augsmom
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:32 AM

They are few and far between.  

Cancer0709
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Hey I need a bff also we can talk more here is my email cdsoto0709@hotmail.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)