Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should a man be forced to pay child support if...?

Posted by   + Show Post

A couple gets together and he says he doesn't ever want kids and she agrees BUT secretly wishes to have them in the future.

She goes on the pill and they use condoms as a backup measure, just in case, because he's adamantly against having children but isn't ready to be sterilized just yet.

A year or so later, she decides she wants a baby and not only stops taking the pill without telling him but also sabotages the condoms.

When she gets pregnant, he reminds her he doesn't want kids, never did, and urges her to abort. She refuses, but when the baby's born she takes him to court for child support.

Should he have to pay child support even though he was forced into fatherhood by her deception?

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
ChristineTate
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:37 AM

This is a good example of why people should get married before having children.

Corkie-
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:39 AM
He could sign his rights away....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xkandi4x
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Cant prove her true intentions & he is still responsible. She shouldnt be with someone who doesnt want kids when she knew she did, he shouldve gotten a vasectomy to insure no babies are the outcome of sexual intercourse..both are at fault. As shady & decieving as she was he shouldve seen the signs & took his own precautions to prevent it.
notuseless
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:43 AM
If he could prove that she tampered with the condoms then no.
notuseless
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
in most states they do not allow a man to sign his rights away unless there's another man willing to adopt the child

Quoting Corkie-: He could sign his rights away....
crystalplus1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:51 AM

No, He should not.

Corkie-
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:51 AM
What? That's crazy.

Quoting notuseless: in most states they do not allow a man to sign his rights away unless there's another man willing to adopt the child

Quoting Corkie-: He could sign his rights away....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes.

Plenty of women are in parenting situations they never wanted to be in too.
my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I would have not  dated/married him in the first place honestly if I knew that he never wanted children. 

The baby is still his so yes he should have to pay. 

LeilaBeansMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I think there should be a time frame for men to sign away their parental rights, like the same time frame a woman has to have an abortion. This is just one example if why. I think women who should be this underhanded and sneaky may think twice about tricking a man into having a baby if they knew that there was a chance they would be stuck raising the baby on their own.
I don't claim it's a perfect solution, and some checks and balances would need to be in place. I don't claim to have all the answers. I just think something needs to be in place because the power is 100% in the women's hands, and it doesn't seem fair.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)