Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should a man be forced to pay child support if...?

Posted by   + Show Post

A couple gets together and he says he doesn't ever want kids and she agrees BUT secretly wishes to have them in the future.

She goes on the pill and they use condoms as a backup measure, just in case, because he's adamantly against having children but isn't ready to be sterilized just yet.

A year or so later, she decides she wants a baby and not only stops taking the pill without telling him but also sabotages the condoms.

When she gets pregnant, he reminds her he doesn't want kids, never did, and urges her to abort. She refuses, but when the baby's born she takes him to court for child support.

Should he have to pay child support even though he was forced into fatherhood by her deception?

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Replies (41-50):
diaperstodating
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Yes.
NananRaysmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this
No...
If the women had the option to not support a child by having an abortion..the man should have the same option.. to walk away and not be responsible. Then the mother can decide if she still wants the baby or not. Or neither gets the option...he must pay either way..and abortion is illegal.

Women always want things to be fair unless it being unfair favors them..
rainboz
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:16 PM
He sleeping with the deceptive person I'm sure this isn't first deceptive thing she done so ya he should pay support if baby is his. If he is so against children go get yourself fixed but obviously wasn't that important.Nobody made him have sex unless he's claiming rape in that case file charges.
Disneymom18
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Yes!!
kmeow
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

This is my least popular opinion, but no. If a woman can choose to give a baby up for adoption or have an abortion, then why should a man be forced to be responsible for a baby he doesn't want. Obviously I think it's something that needs to be decided before birth, and not used as an excuse to abandon a six year old, but I don't think any man should have to support a baby he doesn't want just because he got someone pregnant, in the same way I woman shouldn't have to support a baby she doesn't want just because she got pregnant.

rhitink13
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:24 PM
I don't think he should pay but that's cuz im against a broken home. It's hard on kids and once u meet the guy for you he'll take the kid as his own. Why would u still want the real father involved. Just for money. I'm more into the heart then money.
mia-mama
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM

A man can't be "tricked" into having sex, did she put a gun in his head to make him have sex with her? and obviously he knew what he was going into when he got involved with her.  sounds like he wants a cowarly way out to me.

brieri
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:12 AM

NO HE SHOULD NOT.  I can see what your saying.  It does take two to make a baby, but since he stated to her he did not want a baby all the while, and she wants it (it's the choices of him staying in the relationship through the pregnancy and after birth or getting out is up to him).  But  she should be able to care for it on her own.  Though it forces her to find a job for herself and baby for a living and not be eligible for any type of assistance should she try to get it until she has worked a minumum of 26 yrs. 

want10more
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:20 AM

whoofdah. that's a hard one. i think i say yeah, sort of. cuz he is always gonna be the daddy. but i'm really torn, cuz he really didn't make the choice, and he did take neccessary measures. none of my 6 were planned. 6x WHOOPSIE babies. but then, (my ex, his ex, he and i together) everybody was happy, and ready for kids. i think i hope for this guy that he does pay, and forms a relationship w/ the baby, cuz in the end, i think he'll feel better about himself. but i never trapped anyone into having a baby. and i think that's an awful thing to do. i don't think he has the right to urge her to abort. i'm against that anyway, but in this case? and if he really feels that strongly? he might want to give up parental rights? ew. i'd hate that for HIM, but?

chamelinmom
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:21 AM

In all honesty, he should marry her and hold it together for the sake of the child. But thats the game you play when your playing the sex game

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN