Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How does your kid get to school?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:10 PM
  • 46 Replies

Poll

Question: How does your kid get to school?

Options:

By school bus

By public bus

Walks

By car

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 51

View Results

After reading a post about a parent being freaked out seeing a small child on a public bus. I wondered how other peoples kids got to school?

2 years ago my kids rode public busing as there was no busing in that district. An we were a 1 car family, DH drove to work and kids took the local public bus to school and to home.

Now we have moved and I drive 1 to school and the other takes a school bus. We have gained a second car because again no school busing for High Schooler and only reason other child gets busing is she is a "choice child" meaning we picked the school out of distract for her to go to.

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:13 PM
I walk my youngest to and from school, my oldest catches the school bus.
anoncalypse
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:15 PM
I drive my kids four miles to the school bus.... The bus ride is about 17 miles
Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:15 PM

my 11 year old son takes the school bus to and from school everyday.

angelgrl5200
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:19 PM
My middle schoolers USE to walk, then they got hit on their way to school by a man who ran a red light, now i drive everyone. Even tho my kids did nothing wrong, if i can prevent an accident from happening again, ill do it. So that means driving them every morning. They hate it lol they want to walk.
Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:26 PM

BUMP!

AugustMomma
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Ds6 & I walk together as I work at his school. Before we moved, I drove him to school.
dingysfamily
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:44 PM

My youngest is the only one still in school ... and she is only taking a class here & there; she is working at the local community college and takes classes every once couple of semesters.  She'll drive herself.  But when the kids were in school for the most part they rode the school bus.

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:47 PM

My 7yr old and 10yr old walk - their school is less than 10 mins away.  I usually drive them in the mornings so we have more time to get ready and eat breakfast.

My 12 yr old takes the bus.  Since the school is less than 2 miles away (I think it's exactly 2 miles!), we have to pay for the school bus - $580 per year.

crazytexan
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:48 PM
I take them and pick them up every day.
diesel_darling
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:49 PM
I live about 2 miles from the school so the bus doesn't come. They either have to walk or be driven. I drive mine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN