Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ugh, how can you not know what your kids are doing??

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:56 AM
  • 62 Replies

My bff's 15yo son just told her last night that he'd gotten a girl pregnant. She had no idea he's sexually active, doesn't know the girl, had no clue they'd been spending enough time together for them to be having sex, etc.

My sons are only 2 and 4, but I'm pretty certain that when they're older, I'll still know where they are, who they're with, and what they're doing, or at least with a pretty good idea.

Is it just that she's in denial or what? How can you not know what your kids are doing??

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ManicVetTech
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:04 PM
3 moms liked this

I guess its possible. When I was a teen, I wasn't always exactly where I said I was. And not always intentional, sometimes things just came up and locations changed.

I would bet my mom would tell people she knew exactly where I was, and who I was with, every day. However...she would wrong. 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this

It is possible? But that is why I'm still a SAHM even through my kids teen years! I think my husband and I have a good balance of lockdown(j/k lol)and keeping them active&busy.

Pit_mama
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Some children tell parents they are at one place while they are at another. It is sad that children can not be honest with their parents. But It happens. I know there was a few times i did this with my mother

browncoat
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:08 PM
16 moms liked this
Lol. I love parents if young kids who think they have everything figured out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andersongirl562
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I allowed my 14 year old son to go to his gf house. I met the parents we agreed the kids would be supervised. Two weeks later I found out they had all but have sex in the girls room while the parents were downstairs because they "trusted" their daughter.
momma2mms
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:26 PM
4 moms liked this

We all know that teenagers never lie about where they are and what they are doing. ;)

ABCMomma0211
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:28 PM
I have young kids....

And im pretty sure that ill know where my kids will be when they hit teen years

Quoting browncoat: Lol. I love parents if young kids who think they have everything figured out.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:01 PM
My kids aren't allowed to go or do anything until I meet who they are going with, the parents and know the story is legit. My dd (17) hates this rule. Its not because I dont trust her, its the fact I dont know the people she is wanting to hang out with. It makes me feel safer so if something were to happen, Id know numbers to call and homes to go to.
virginiamama71
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 5:40 PM

It can happen if he is a teenager who is left alone at home after school for more than an hour.As well as he can tell his parents he is going to his guy friend's house, the one they met and know  but really is with the girl.

ljmom24
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 5:47 PM
I mean unless you have a gps installed in them and a camera constantly on them. I was home by myself a lot as a teen but too terrified to do anything but my sister on the other hand (insert eye roll) my parents didn't know all my friends either. There were some I know they wouldnt like but I was also smart enough not to get caught. My parents had no clue when I started having sex and i had a mom who was a snobber (thanks to my sister) it happens you can't be with your kids 24/7 they will never grow and be independent you just have to teach good values and hope they make smart decisions
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)