Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Nightclubs for kids 12 and under... Yay or Nay ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:57 PM

12 and under. While the parents are there they parent can go to the bar and drink just like a regular club for adults.

Quoting whoodathunk:

What age?

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Not a fan
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Nay
Hapsand123
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:43 PM

HAHA, HELL NO. I mean if it was like a birthday thing or something but not and all night club. Thats seriously like an overnight daycare. WTF are parents thinking, that they are just going to leave their kids there and then go next door and party it up themselves. I dunno, this sounds just weird. 

Hapsand123
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah still, no. I would not leave my kid around a bunch of drunkies while I go drink myself. Thats not ok. 

Quoting godsgirl26:

12 and under. While the parents are there they parent can go to the bar and drink just like a regular club for adults.

Quoting whoodathunk:

What age?

gracef282
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:52 PM
3 moms liked this
Well depends whats on their programs and under strict supervision. Maybe once a month. We have one here called blue lights and under police supervision. The police department own the club. Apparently the kids love it. All parents must drop off and pick up.
whoodathunk
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think so!  I can understand for 16+ having a dance club, but not that young.

Quoting godsgirl26:

Quoting whoodathunk:

What age?

lenashark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:06 PM
5 moms liked this

As long as there is no alcohol, I don't see a problem, kids like to dance, whats the fuss about. Sounds like a fun birthday party spot.

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:13 PM
5 moms liked this

They do this sort of thing at our middle school for the 6th, 7th and 8th graders. On some Friday nights, one grade at a time, they get DJs, some of the kids dance, others play ping pong and do other activities in the gym.  They serve pizza, snacks and soft drinks.  There are police at the school in case there's any trouble and parents volunteer as chapperones to check the kids in and some other staff is there.  The kids have a lot of fun.

kmeow
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Everyone under twelve? Meh. I probably wouldn't let my kid go, but I don't see an issue.

We have an under twenty-one night club in my hometown, with no minimum age. That means there are twenty year olds mixing with twelve year olds. Absolutely not okay.

EDIT: Just read about there being alcohol there and adults, changing my answer to a huge hell no all the way around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN