Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Nightclubs for kids 12 and under... Yay or Nay ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a place here that does that sort of thing EVERY friday.  It is for all ages to go from 5p-9p  so perhaps it is not a "true" night club but it has that feel to it.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:09 AM

When i was in middle school they did the same thing. But this is so different, because this is at a club with a bar with drinks lol.

Quoting Cafe Robin:

They do this sort of thing at our middle school for the 6th, 7th and 8th graders. On some Friday nights, one grade at a time, they get DJs, some of the kids dance, others play ping pong and do other activities in the gym.  They serve pizza, snacks and soft drinks.  There are police at the school in case there's any trouble and parents volunteer as chapperones to check the kids in and some other staff is there.  The kids have a lot of fun.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:11 AM

See that's the problem because there is alcohol for the adults of course. So while the kids are dancing the adults are drinking and suppose to be watching their kids.

Quoting lenashark:

As long as there is no alcohol, I don't see a problem, kids like to dance, whats the fuss about. Sounds like a fun birthday party spot.

♥♥I Has Dreams♥♥

kim_mama_of_two
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope.
lenashark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

As long as the adults are responsible about it and the kids don't have access to it, I don't see a problem. No one complains that restaurants where kids go serve alcohol.

Quoting godsgirl26:

See that's the problem because there is alcohol for the adults of course. So while the kids are dancing the adults are drinking and suppose to be watching their kids.

Quoting lenashark:

As long as there is no alcohol, I don't see a problem, kids like to dance, whats the fuss about. Sounds like a fun birthday party spot.

hisBonus2
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:15 AM

It's brilliant!! Check for liquor and drugs at door and other, by adults. I thought of them needing a room to go hang out at, paid for by teens' parents, So they can get out of the house, without spending a fortune. MTV, games, pool tables. This is better or as good. Lets them get their angst out. And they'll have a place to go to, that they can call their own. Very nice. Sorry I didn't think of it. :)

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:18 AM

But some of these adults have to drive home I'm sure. I'm sure some adults give their kids alcohol. You know the ones that say "I rather my kids drink while im there" So this place would be the perfect place for that.

Quoting lenashark:

As long as the adults are responsible about it and the kids don't have access to it, I don't see a problem. No one complains that restaurants where kids go serve alcohol.

Quoting godsgirl26:

Quoting lenashark:

♥♥I Has Dreams♥♥

ABCMomma0211
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Well since you said there is alcohol....hells to the fucking no!!!!

But other then that i think its a great idea....as long as adults are checking for alcohol, and drugs at the door and making these teen girls arent dancing like they are in music videos then its a great idea.

No different then the local skating rink
lenashark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Same thing could happen at a restaurant. The place could easily monitor whose driving and cut them off after a certain amount, just like any restaurant. Plus, that would be more of a problem with teenagers, I doubt many parents are going to sneak their nine year olds drinks from the bar saying "I'd rather my kids drink while I'm here." They have little parties at the sailing club in my town, they would have an end of summer party and bring in a DJ and strobe lights and have a dance party for the kids while the parents could watch from the side with a glass of wine, it was good fun and was never a problem, I went as a kid and now I bring my six year old son. It's fun to watch him dance with his friends.

Quoting godsgirl26:

But some of these adults have to drive home I'm sure. I'm sure some adults give their kids alcohol. You know the ones that say "I rather my kids drink while im there" So this place would be the perfect place for that.

Quoting lenashark:

Quoting godsgirl26:

Quoting lenashark:

Kaybean
by Kayleen on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:44 AM
4 moms liked this
No. First of all, kids shouldn't be being groomed for that kind of atmosphere and two, parents shouldn't be drinking at a bar and then driving their kids home. I just think the whole message being sent is a bad one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN