Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If he's not wearing a wedding ring, does that mean he's going to cheat?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:19 PM
  • 213 Replies
1 mom liked this

A good friend of mine just got married and is upset because her husband hasn't been wearing his wedding ring.

She thinks he's not really committed to her unless he's wearing a ring and worries that it's easier for him to cheat since other women won't know he's married.

Do you think a man is less happy or faithful if he's not wearing a ring?

Does your husband wear his wedding ring?

by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeppermintyTea
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM
6 moms liked this
No. If he plans to cheat he's going to do it ring, or not. My husband wears his most of the time.
mommacatof3
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:27 PM

She has to ask him why he doesn't want to wear it. My husband wears his all the time. The only time he didn't wear it was when it was resized because he lost weight. If he just got married maybe he doesn't like the feel of the band. If he's never worn jewelry before he has to get accustomed to it. It may feel uncomfortable

Anoronlight
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:38 PM
11 moms liked this
My husband doesn't wear his but it's because of the work he does, he could loose a finger if he wore his ring. He does wear it when I ask and we go out, but it doesn't mean my hubby will cheat.

I would want to know why, some guys don't like jewelry, but it doesn't mean that they are any less committed to the marriage.
azcafemom
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM
20 moms liked this
Oh Lordy. Sounds like your friend needs to get some self confidence.

... And some damn brains. You said she was recently married... WHY would you marry someone that you didn't feel confident would be faithful to you??!

Is this 'friend' not-so-secretly you...?? Because let me just tell you... This is where you get on the crazy train that ends with psycho posts like that one where the lady was losing. Her. Shit. Because DH's co-worker gave him candy at Christmas...
Ilovemybbgrl
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM
4 moms liked this
Nope. My first Husband wore his ring 24/7 and still cheated.
LadyEmris
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM
3 moms liked this
No. If a man wants to cheat then him wearing a ring isn't going to matter. Some guys just don't like wearing them. If it's something that really bothers her though I'm sure a compromise can be made
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Nope. Dh doesn't wear his alot. It's dangerous for him to wear it at work.
RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Bump
sarahbell811
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:43 PM

It would probably upset me a little. But, it doesn't necessarily mean he's going to cheat. A guy can wear his ring and then take it off when he's wife's not around too. Some guys just don't like rings I guess?!?!

My husband was never big on rings but he does always wear his wedding ring. 

deepfryerdemons
by New Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband loves his ring and always wears it, but it doesn't have much to do with anything other than it's an awesome ring. My dad lost his and wanted to get a new one, but my crazy mom wouldn't let him. I don't think a ring means much. Maybe he's just not into jewelry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN