Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ER worthy? Updated * out of surgery

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:25 PM
  • 26 Replies
I know this is stupid to ask but we do not have urgent care, only the er (not a very busy one) is open on weekends and after 5. Dh thinks I should go in but I'm not so sure.
Last night I started having pain on my lower right side where I suspect my ovary to be. No other symptoms other than I just feel worn out. Curling up in the fetal position elevates the pain a little but Advil or Tylenol do nothing. I hardly slept last night cause it hurts it hurts to touch the area and I can't seem to find much relief. Should I just hope it stops and wait till Monday when the clinic is open or go to the er. On a scale of 1-10 I'm rating this a 7-8.

* went to the er. They had to try 3 times to start an iv cause my veins blew twice and they did a ct scan so I am waiting for the results. The dr is suspecting appendicitis and I'm really hoping it's nothing lol.

** I have early appendicitis. Boooo! At least it's not a ruptured appendix. Because my white blood cell count isn't sky high and I don't have a fever they are letting dh take me to a larger hospital 2 hours away for surgery instead of going by qmbulance.

** out of surgery now. Sounds like everything is ok, just sore and tired. The only sleep I've gotten was in the OR lol. Thanks for everything ladies!
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I would go. I think that is the appendix side.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:26 PM

I'd say ER because if it's an ectopic pregnancy the sooner you get treated the better.

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Id go in. It could be your appendix (I believe its on your lower right side)
alyssa2013
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Yeah I would go to the ER
soon2bmomof2grs
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:28 PM

If there was an Urgent care I would say go there, but since the ER is your only real option (unless you can travel to an actual Urgent Care in another county/area), I saw go with your gut... Do you feel like you need care ASAP or can you wait till Monday? You know how you feel and what is going wrong with your body.

miisha
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Er. Could be appendix or ectopic pregnancy. Or just gas.
Molimomma
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:31 PM

That's high on the pain scale and the fact that pain relievers ardent helping at all is a BAD sign. Either an eptopic pregnancy or appendix can both be very serious and even life threatening, better safe than sorry with that level of pain. 

northernmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Ok. I just got to the er. I'll update when I find out what's goin on. Thanks ladies
knagsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:59 PM
This. I had same pain u have and I thought it was a cyst on my ovary but was my appendix

Quoting lovinmyboys...: I would go. I think that is the appendix side.
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:02 PM

If you can't take the pain. Go to the E.R.  Who knows what it can be. Appendix, gall bladder or something else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN