Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

why am I not loosing weight? ADDED EDIT

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:23 AM
  • 13 Replies

Edit:  I got on the scale this morning and was 171.0  yesterday I was 172.2....is that even possible?  I have never dropped a pound like that its always a few ounces .....

In the past 2 weeks I might have lost 1 pound! I was averaging about 1-1.5 PER WEEK. I am staying under my 1500 calories per day.  In the past 2 weeks I might have lost 1 pound! I was averaging about 1-1.5 PER WEEK. I am staying under my 1500 calories per day. I dont go over but not to much under either.  I do a work out almost every day. Calories burned averages from 200-390 depending on what I am doing. I either jog, go hiking with the family, elliptical, or the planet fitness 30 min workout. I just make sure I do SOMETHING every day.

I also try not to eat junk. Heres my normal:
breakfast: yogurt
snack: fruit
lunch: 4oz grilled chicken with cauliflower and steam carrots OR a subway sandwich which is no more than 370 calories.
snack: fruit and or HEB chocolate fit bar (80 cal)
dinner: random but always chicken, turkey, or fish with veggies. Sometimes I add in baked sweet potato fries with my dinner
snack: fruit or skinny cow ice cream (ice cream is only 1-2 times a week MAX)

Lots of water. The only time I drink some thing else is if we eat out which is usually subway or on the weekends Ill go to this mExican restaurant and get chicken fajitas (has grilled onion and peppers) , corn tortilla, and a tea.

This weekend I had family in town so we ate different than normal but I tried to keep in best as possible. We went out to Willies Ice house for lunch so I got a turkey burger. No cheese, extra tomato lettuce and onion with a side salad no dressing. For dinner I had honey glazed ham (not the best) but with asparagus and fruit salad.

Why am I not loosing weight? I am 5'9. I was at 196 and I am down to 172. I have been working out/eating a lot better for 3.5 months or so. Then all of a sudden it has just stopped. So discouraging =(
In the past 2 weeks I might have lost 1 pound! I was averaging about 1-1.5 PER WEEK. I am staying under my 1500 calories per day. I do a work out almost every day. Calories burned averages from 200-390 depending on what I am doing. I either jog, go hiking with the family, elliptical, or the planet fitness 30 min workout. I just make sure I do SOMETHING every day.

lunch: 4oz grilled chicken with cauliflower and steam carrots OR a subway sandwich which is no more than 370 calories.
dinner: random but always chicken, turkey, or fish with veggies. Sometimes I add in baked sweet potato fries with my dinner

Lots of water. The only time I drink some thing else is if we eat out which is usually subway or on the weekends Ill go to this mExican restaurant and get chicken fajitas (has grilled onion and peppers) , corn tortilla, and a tea.

This weekend I had family in town so we ate different than normal but I tried to keep in best as possible. We went out to Willies Ice house for lunch so I got a turkey burger. No cheese, extra tomato lettuce and onion with a side salad no dressing. For dinner I had honey glazed ham (not the best) but with asparagus and fruit salad.

Why am I not loosing weight? I am 5'9. I was at 196 and I am down to 172. I have been working out/eating a lot better for 3.5 months or so. Then all of a sudden it has just stopped. So discouraging =( I do a work out almost every day. Calories burned averages from 200-390 depending on what I am doing. I either jog, go hiking with the family, elliptical, or the planet fitness 30 min workout. I just make sure I do SOMETHING every day.

Why am I not loosing weight? I am 5'9. I was at 196 and I am down to 172. I have been working out/eating a lot better for 3.5 months or so. Then all of a sudden it has just stopped. So discouraging =(

DIStickers.com Ticker

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bothsidesofcoin
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:29 AM
It could be a plateau. Are you looking at all the calories/sugar/carbs/protein in these things? Maybe add in some weight lifting a few times a week instead of cardio to shake up things.
Turkey burgers and anything at a Mexican restaurant are high in calories. They use a lot of oil in their cooking
fiddlerbird555
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:34 AM

How old are you? Have you had your thyroid checked? Have you seen a doctor at all?

MrsWilmot
by Meggs on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Believe it or not a cheat day a week keeps your metabolism yo-yoing and helps you to keep losing. Also helps you not to go crazy. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:38 AM

How did you get 1500? 

Add in strength training 2-3x per week for 45-60 minutes...oh, and don't pull light weights...they don't do anything for you. If you want to maximize your loss, you need to be pulling heavier weights for less reps. You will see a much faster return on your effort by pulling heavy over light. 

Ditch the processed bar, ice cream, etc..those are not "helping you" at all. Focus on lean proteins, more veggies over fruits, healthy fats- nuts, coconut oil/ghee/olive oil....

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I am 31.  I had it checked last year and all is good.

Quoting fiddlerbird555:

How old are you? Have you had your thyroid checked? Have you seen a doctor at all?

DIStickers.com Ticker

mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I use myfitnesspal.  The 30 min planet fitness workout I do is 15 cardio/15 weights.  I also forgot to add I do a 15 min kettle bell workout 2 times a week

Quoting mcginnisc:

How did you get 1500? 

Add in strength training 2-3x per week for 45-60 minutes...oh, and don't pull light weights...they don't do anything for you. If you want to maximize your loss, you need to be pulling heavier weights for less reps. You will see a much faster return on your effort by pulling heavy over light. 

Ditch the processed bar, ice cream, etc..those are not "helping you" at all. Focus on lean proteins, more veggies over fruits, healthy fats- nuts, coconut oil/ghee/olive oil....

DIStickers.com Ticker

Momsold
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Maybe you're loosing it in the wrong spot.

Try loosing it in a mall; it might be interesting to watch how far and fast people run from jiggly fat.

If you mean losing, I don't know why.

mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:52 AM

i use myfitness pal.  It tracks all my sodium, sugars, cal, carbs, so on.  I stay under on everything.  Ill eat out 1 time a week for Mexican but I use that as my cheat day.  The turkey burger I has this past weekend was the first one I have had in over three months. (it was really good btw lol)  The 30 min PF workout I do is 15 cardio/15 weights.  I forgot to add that I do a 15 min kettle bell workout 2 times a week in addition to my morning workout.

Quoting bothsidesofcoin: It could be a plateau. Are you looking at all the calories/sugar/carbs/protein in these things? Maybe add in some weight lifting a few times a week instead of cardio to shake up things. Turkey burgers and anything at a Mexican restaurant are high in calories. They use a lot of oil in their cooking

DIStickers.com Ticker

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Quoting mommyof3-2008:

I use myfitnesspal.  The 30 min planet fitness workout I do is 15 cardio/15 weights.  I also forgot to add I do a 15 min kettle bell workout 2 times a week

Quoting mcginnisc:

How did you get 1500? 

Just a word of warning about MFP- They are notorious for being too low for caloric needs...however, if you don't use it properly you are going to end up stagnating a lot. This means: you need to eat those calories back that they add in when you add exercise. If you don't, you are going to be low all the time, which is counter productive. 

If you give me your age and whether you are BFing, I can see how close MFP is for you. 

Exercise: 15 minutes is not effective in reality. Unless you are doing HIIT it is not going to burn a lot of calories. 

You really should strive for no less than 30-45 minutes of cardio for each workout and the same for weights. * unless you are doing high intensity interval training*

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

fiddlerbird555
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:20 PM

If you're doing all that exercise (good for you!) then maybe you should take measurements instead of weighing. You might be getting more muscle, which his heavier than fat, but MUCH better to have.

Quoting mommyof3-2008:

Quoting mcginnisc:

How did you get 1500? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)