Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How Do I?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello,

I joined the site last night  and just came up with a silly screen name, figuring I could change it when I figured out a better screen name.  But now I can not figure how to change my screen name. How do I?  And is there a list of screen names, so we know which ones are taken?

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:45 PM

how are youHi ,

This info can always be found on the 1st page of The Newcomers Club in the The CafeMom Help Desk - Getting started on CafeMom post.

How do I change my screenname?
Once you've created your screenname, it can't be changed. If you really want to change it, you can start a new account with the screenname you would prefer.

Here's how to cancel your CafeMom account:

Click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of any CafeMom page.
Under 'Self-Service', click the link that says 'Cancel my CafeMom Account'.
Let us know why you're leaving (optional).
Click the 'Submit' button.

The Cafe Group Admin Team

purple-fish
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Thank you.

Quoting Cafe GroupAdmin:

how are youHi ,

This info can always be found on the 1st page of The Newcomers Club in the The CafeMom Help Desk - Getting started on CafeMom post.

How do I change my screenname?Once you've created your screenname, it can't be changed. If you really want to change it, you can start a new account with the screenname you would prefer.

Here's how to cancel your CafeMom account:Click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of any CafeMom page.Under 'Self-Service', click the link that says 'Cancel my CafeMom Account'.Let us know why you're leaving (optional).Click the 'Submit' button.

The Cafe Group Admin Team

withsecond
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I wish we were allowed to change our screen names, even just once. 

I signed up when I was pregnant with my second child. It definitely doesn't suit me anymore. I don't want to start all over though so I'm stuck with it. 

purple-fish
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM

What does it mean to start over?

Quoting withsecond:

I signed up when I was pregnant with my second child. It definitely doesn't suit me anymore. I don't want to start all over though so I'm stuck with it. 

withsecond
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I've had this name for 7 years so my rank in most of my groups is high. If I were to cancel this account, I'd have to start over in those groups. 

You starting over now isn't a big deal becasue you're new. Your rank isn't high yet. 

Now, this doesn't matter if you don't care about rank. 

Quoting purple-fish:

What does it mean to start over?

Quoting withsecond:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)