Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

NEED ADVICE!

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:02 AM
  • 4 Replies

Ok, my son's father and I have been seperated for about 6 years. He use to call about every week, then every other week. Well, he finally stopped calling, I saw on his Facebook he now had a steady girlfriend with kids. This got me mad because he stopped calling my son as soon as he got a new little family. The good thing is my son hasn't asked for him. Well, it has been about  3 monthes and nothing. I recieved a phone call from his brother a couple of days ago to let me know that he was in an accident and died! I don't know if I should tell me son, since its "out of sight out of mind" My son is going to be 8.  I don't know if I should tell him or wait until he is a little older so he can understand better. My son is sensitive and I know if I tell him now he's going to be confused on how to feel, since he doesn't really remember him. Some of my family have said to wait, but I don't want him to be mad that I didn't tell him right away. What would you do?

by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:04 AM

I would tell him right away and reassure him he can feel however he wants about it.  I hate not being told these things right away.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Tell him. He deserves to know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:24 AM
I would tell him right away. He needs to process it and deal with it however he needs to and so do you. It sucks but he needs to. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Telo319
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 5:38 AM
I think you should look into it more to see if his brother is telling the truth. Next I would try to make arrangements to attend the funeral. I know he wasn't physically there, however it's still your son's dad. I think the closure would be good for both of you. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)