Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Our Children Should Always Come First!

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:40 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Our children should always come first, before anything and anyone. I don't care who it is, husbands, family, friends and especially boyfriends. Anyone who doesn't put their child first especially when they need to be protected when they can't protect themselves don't deserve to have children. Anyone can have a baby, but not everyone can be a mother or father. Children are blessings, a gift from God and he entrusts us with them to love them, provide for them, nurture them and always protect them. As mothers it's our duty and responsibility to always protect our children, we live in a sick world, if we don't then who will?

by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Bump!

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Anyone?

bothsidesofcoin
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Can you give examples in your rant? There have been plenty of times where I've sided with another adult about my kids' behavior. (Back talk, etc). I would also not put my children 's wants before my husband's needs ( medication, etc).
Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Quoting bothsidesofcoin: Can you give examples in your rant? There have been plenty of times where I've sided with another adult about my kids' behavior. (Back talk, etc). I would also not put my children 's wants before my husband's needs ( medication, etc).

It's not a rant, but my opinon. I'm not talking about something like your husband's meds that he needs. I'm talking about those who choose to put others first before their child's well being, there's a huge difference.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with everything you said, besides the god part. The rest...well duh. I'm not sure what your point is, besides being really obvious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:55 AM
2 moms liked this
I disagree. They should not always come first.
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this

In my home it is God~Hubby(AKA Marriage)~ Kiddos.

That does not mean my kids are ever neglected. I am not talking basic needs here. I am not talking about the "what if" scenarios either. I am simply stating the order of my home. I make sure my faith is strong, it is the foundation of our family. My marriage is like the walls that hold up the roof. I make sure I take time for my marriage. We go on dates, we steal away into the bedroom or laundry room for a quick make out session, we flirt, etc.

I know a few families that have fallen apart because Mom gets so wrapped up in the kids she neglects her marriage and herself. The kids ultimatly suffer for it, and one day those kids are grown and moved out to live their own lives and the Mom is left with no one. I don't want that to happen to us. I also know some that get so wrapped up in their kids they don't really know each other anymore. It really is sad.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with all this (besides the god, I'm not religious). My parents had a strong, loving marriage. I wasn't the center of their world, and that is how it should be, because as you pointed out, kids move out. They have two at home still, but I'm gone, and they will be too. They still have each other and always will. I also saw how to sustain a strong, healthy relationship. I wouldn't have my kids without my husband, and I won't always have them at home, but I want them to always have a home to come back to if they need to. Along with that, I also have a career that I love and work to maintain, I'm not just a wife and mother. You can't build your entire life on nothing but other people.

Quoting RheaF:

That does not mean my kids are ever neglected. I am not talking basic needs here. I am not talking about the "what if" scenarios either. I am simply stating the order of my home. I make sure my faith is strong, it is the foundation of our family. My marriage is like the walls that hold up the roof. I make sure I take time for my marriage. We go on dates, we steal away into the bedroom or laundry room for a quick make out session, we flirt, etc.

I know a few families that have fallen apart because Mom gets so wrapped up in the kids she neglects her marriage and herself. The kids ultimatly suffer for it, and one day those kids are grown and moved out to live their own lives and the Mom is left with no one. I don't want that to happen to us. I also know some that get so wrapped up in their kids they don't really know each other anymore. It really is sad.

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:50 AM

God is always first in my lifie and iin my home, after God my child always comes first.

Quoting RheaF:

ljmom24
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

so  your husband, mother, father is dying or seriously ill are your kids needs still first? You find a lump in your breast are your kids needs still first?  My kids are my priority but they are not my only one.  Its a juggle, yes some of my kids needs come first but sometimes other things are more important and they also need to learn no one is going to bow to their every need every second of their life. Yes your kids come before partying or an abusive boyfriend/spouse, but somethings in life need attention too. My kids are school vacation this week one could agrue my job as a mom should be to be home with them but I have another job as a joint provider. I don't go to work I loss my job we loss health insurance, can't put food on the table and so on. Sometimes I do put my hubby first and he the same. If we didn't take time for each other we probably would have divorced years ago. I will admit I was bad with follow up on my own health and took a friend having a stroke at 38 to wake me up that things shouldn't be ignored because kids have stuff. Think they rather a healthy mom.

Its not about who you put first but proper balance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN