Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you clean up after your kid in a restaurant?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:24 PM
  • 359 Replies
6 moms liked this

Whenever I go anywhere with my boys, they usually end up making a mess. I try to keep them from making one and sometimes it works, but when it doesn't, I clean up after them. I was with my friend yesterday at lunch and when I started cleaning up after my boys, she said, "What are you doing? That's what they're here for" gesturing to the wait staff. I told her, "No, they're here to help me order my food and bring it out to me, not to clean up after my heathens." I laughed, but really? Do you clean up after your kids when you eat out or do you expect the staff to take care of that for you?

by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaelle88
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:25 PM
23 moms liked this
I clean it up. Hell i wipe down the table and pile up the dishes to the center too but i use to be a waitress. So it just comes natural
lucydiamond
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope, sure don't. I actually try to make as big a mess as possible so I really get my money's worth for their tip.
PeggyS87
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:29 PM
4 moms liked this
Yup as best I can. I even stack plates and try to make it as easy as possible. One time when ds was 2 he knocked steak sauce in a glass bottle on the floor and it broke every where it was not our waiter who cleaned it up but we did give the lady who did a very nice tip.
chaotic.mind
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:30 PM
23 moms liked this

I always clean up my table when we're done. It's rude and lazy not to. 

RN_713
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:36 PM
10 moms liked this
Yes. Eating out at a restaurant doesn't give me or DD free reign to make a mess. I wipe any crumbs and stack the plates. It's second nature to me and it helps make the waiter/waitress job easier. I also get better service on my return trips.
BeKindBeHappy
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Yes
megz0511
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:40 PM
2 moms liked this
This is me exactly! I was a waitress, my mom was a waitress and my sister too.

Quoting mamaelle88: I clean it up. Hell i wipe down the table and pile up the dishes to the center too but i use to be a waitress. So it just comes natural
IamMex11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:41 PM
2 moms liked this

No, I do not.  I do make them do it though.  

bothsidesofcoin
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:48 PM
8 moms liked this
I absolutely clean up after the boys. Servers are there for just that...food service. They are not maids. I still leave a 20% tip
Even after picking up broken crayons or cracker crumbs. The ones that don't clean up after their kids...Shame on you. That isn't their job. It's yours.
virginiamama71
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I always do this out of habit. My son is catching on to doing this too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)