Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pressing on belly to feel baby.. Safe?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:37 AM
  • 11 Replies

Is pressing on belly to feel the baby safe? So new to all this. Oh & 17 weeks today (: 

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaliLeanne
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Bump
outtamymynd
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:38 AM
Completely safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redhead-bedhead
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:50 AM
Yes it is safe. Your baby is cushioned by amniotic fluid.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:01 AM
Yes very safe and very normal! The baby will kick and push elbows,knees,buttocks so you'll be able to see them through your tummy.
MarriedMyPrince
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:07 AM
I thought this same thing when i was pregnant with my now 22 month old son. He was my 1st baby. I was a worry wart lol.. always cautious of everything.
Yep its totally safe to try and connect with your baby during this time your carrying him/her. Such an exciting time isnt it? Congratulations on your pregnancy. What are you having?
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:14 AM

yes it's safe... and lots of fun to feel them move for you and those close enough to you to be touching your tummy.

lovelove211
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:16 AM
I used to do that all the time, if I hadn't felt the baby move id start pressing on my tummy to get them to move around
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redmummyof3
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:10 AM

yep  your ob pokes and presses your bump during exams right!! and will continue to do so during the rest of your pregnancy.  it wont harm baby at all

Lvlyskittles
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Lol well with my first pregnancy I didn't make it so far & now I've made it this far so I'm excited and a lil cautious. Learning on the way. We find oout in 2 weeks for sure if we're having a boy or girl. We where told girl but wasn't 100% sure. Finding out a few days after my bday is going to be the best gift ever (:

Quoting MarriedMyPrince: I thought this same thing when i was pregnant with my now 22 month old son. He was my 1st baby. I was a worry wart lol.. always cautious of everything.
Yep its totally safe to try and connect with your baby during this time your carrying him/her. Such an exciting time isnt it? Congratulations on your pregnancy. What are you having?
Lvlyskittles
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Thank you ladies (:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN