Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

transitioning from sleeping in a bouncer to a crib

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:04 PM
  • 4 Replies

My baby is almost 2 months old and has been sleeping in a bouncer at night.  He has acid reflux and doesn't always go to sleep easily.  Since he was born, most of the time he will wake up easily after being put down to sleep.  Right now he sleeps in a swing during his daytime naps and his bouncer at night.  Even in these, he wakes up periodically, wiggles, or fusses and goes back to sleep on his own.  So im worrying over how I am going to get him to sleep in a crib for more than 5 minutes.  I believe he is too young for the "cry it out" method since hes only barely 2 months old.  Ideally if there was something that inclined and vibrated that I could place in his crib for him in the meantime until he gets bigger to sleep easier.  Any ideas?

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Have you talked to his doctor about it? I don't know of any products like that, but I agree you shouldn't CIO.

Molimomma
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Fisher-Price makes a rock-n-play sleeper that is inclined. A good friend of mine used it for her son with excellent results because he had reflux. It's cozy, can rock, but really the incline is the key. And it's not huge so you can put it in any room you want.

funhappymom
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:49 AM

We had one of these for our youngest and loved it. Unfortunately, it's only good until they're about 4 months or start rolling, then you should no longer use it as a sleeper.

You could incline one side of his crib. Just put wood under the legs on one side to incline it. I don't know of any method of making it vibrate though.

Have you considered co-sleeping? I know it's not ideal for all families but it can be helpful.

Quoting Molimomma:

Fisher-Price makes a rock-n-play sleeper that is inclined. A good friend of mine used it for her son with excellent results because he had reflux. It's cozy, can rock, but really the incline is the key. And it's not huge so you can put it in any room you want.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:59 PM

My babies were hard to get to sleep at that age too.  Really the only thing that worked for us was co-sleeping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN