Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How do you feel about the Death Penalty?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:05 PM
  • 66 Replies

Are you for or against?  Why do you feel the way you do?

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Squared
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
For! If you take someone else's life, you deserve to die!
lazycamper
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I am for it, only in very specific cases. They have to have forensic evidence, no eye witnesses. Also, I think the family of the victims should have a say. Some don't want the criminal put to death.
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM
5 moms liked this

For it. Maybe is we used it people would think before they commit crimes . Knowing they would be facing death. Also I hate my tax dollars going to support these fuckers. Most lead a better life in prison than many working families.

jennierenna
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I'm on the fence. I don't like it because it's hypocritical but I do like it because it's cheaper than supporting them. 

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:17 PM
I agree

Quoting lazycamper: I am for it, only in very specific cases. They have to have forensic evidence, no eye witnesses. Also, I think the family of the victims should have a say. Some don't want the criminal put to death.
IAMmomtotrips
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:19 PM
If you had asked this question before 4/11, I would have been against, but after my DH (killed) and BIL (critically injured but recovering), because someone decided to break the law and drive when they were not supposed to, I'm all for it (although I know he won't get anything but a slap on the hand).
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:20 PM

everyone gets the death penalty... no one survives it..

RADmomma
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:23 PM
It depends on the case/situation for me. If there is any chance the conviction was wrong ... I'm not 100% for it.., but if there's absolute proof & the crime fits... It's cheaper than keeping them in prison.
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I know what you mean.

The reason I asked is because I was just reading that in the case of the theater shooting here in Colorado, the judge has ruled that the death penalty can be considered if he's found guilty.

Quoting jennierenna:

I'm on the fence. I don't like it because it's hypocritical but I do like it because it's cheaper than supporting them. 

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Glad to hear your BIL is recovering.  (((hug)))

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: If you had asked this question before 4/11, I would have been against, but after my DH (killed) and BIL (critically injured but recovering), because someone decided to break the law and drive when they were not supposed to, I'm all for it (although I know he won't get anything but a slap on the hand).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN