Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My sons real father

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
All I ask.. Is if my sons real father could sign over his rights so my son can be happy having a fathers last name (my fiancé ) that loves him more than my sons real father ever did and his response was mainly concerned about me dropping child support if he did give up his rights. Smfh he makes me SICK, he is half of my bd and he doesn't even care not one bit only about the money I have not seen in almost 6 years!!!
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
s.mom4real
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:34 PM

dude, thats alot to ask!!

MoMmYnWiFe13
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Not if he hasn't been in my sons life at all in almost 6 years he has seen my son 3 times
jandi3936
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Typically you can't just sign over your rights... If it were that easy no one would have to pay support, and the state typically likes to reserve it's right to go after the father if the mother ever ends up on public Assistance. It does happen in some cases, like if the child is adopted by mom's new husband. In the event that the child is adopted and the bio father relinquished his rights, he wouldn't be legally obligated to support that child as he would no longer be the child's legal parent.
Brandibee_5
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:39 PM
So what!! Apparently he doesn't give a crap cause if he did he would want to see his kid.

Just say you will have NO responsibility what so ever. EVER. Let him sign so your son can have the last name of the man who really cares.
.PinkHart.
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:39 PM
If he signs over rights and your fiance adopts him, cs will be dropped from bd. Adopting him and giving him his last names also gives your fiance all responsibility including financial support.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)