Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Our house is officially...pic

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:37 PM
  • 15 Replies

Puppy ready! Just have to go pick up our puppy Friday afternoon.i moved the kids toyroom to our office and put up a gate so she can't get to the toys and eat anything.i got all her stuff todsy.so excited I bought one of the bissell steam mops to clean our floors incase she has accidents so much better then soap and water lol.feel free to show off your lets if you would like or share your potty training tips.we are doing the wee wee pads right now because of where we live we can't take her out in the yard till we can put tick and flee shampoo on her in a month

dh just got her about an hr agoShe loves the kids! And is so cute.the guy we bought her from gave us stress drops for her so we will see how the next few days go.she has a vet appointment tomorrow for a health check

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kenoss19
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Congrats and good luck!

Jkruz2014
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Good luck!
GAPrincess
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Yay for you! We are going today to meet a two year old mix who has been at the shelter for six months. Hopefully we like each other and my dog likes him too so we can bring him home. My daughter's dog had to be put down for health reasons and she's lonely without him. Hopefully this dog will give her lot of love and play for many years.
Anonymously3
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Awe what kind are you guys going to look at? We bought a mix and hopefully everything's goes well gl today!

Quoting GAPrincess: Yay for you! We are going today to meet a two year old mix who has been at the shelter for six months. Hopefully we like each other and my dog likes him too so we can bring him home. My daughter's dog had to be put down for health reasons and she's lonely without him. Hopefully this dog will give her lot of love and play for many years.

mamamiajk
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:32 AM

I never used the pads. The reason for this is because I didn't want them getting used to "going" inside. I have 5 Labs and all are very well trained. My oldest still goes to the back door and sits and looks back at me to let her out! LOL From day1 we got them in the habit of going outside by taking them out on regular intervals and praising them telling what good pups they were when they'd go. Time spent with them is not only rewarding but priceless as well. I'd also invest in lots of chew toys and bones. Congrats and Good Luck!puppy

Anonymously3
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I bought a bunch of toys the problem right now with her she is max 2lbs I can't find a harness that fits bad we live in a wooded area where we have a lot of tics and stuff and we can't treat her till 12weeks.so we bought the grass thing and hopefully once she gets a little bigger taking her outside won't be a issues.but thanks :)

Quoting mamamiajk:

I never used the pads. The reason for this is because I didn't want them getting used to "going" inside. I have 5 Labs and all are very well trained. My oldest still goes to the back door and sits and looks back at me to let her out! LOL From day1 we got them in the habit of going outside by taking them out on regular intervals and praising them telling what good pups they were when they'd go. Time spent with them is not only rewarding but priceless as well. I'd also invest in lots of chew toys and bones. Congrats and Good Luck!puppy

acer.acerpori
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM
When my dog Buddy was a puppy we got him a box that we put the pee pads in and brought him to the box regularly. What kind of dog?

Quoting Anonymously3:

Puppy ready! Just have to go pick up our puppy Friday afternoon.i moved the kids toyroom to our office and put up a gate so she can't get to the toys and eat anything.i got all her stuff todsy.so excited I bought one of the bissell steam mops to clean our floors incase she has accidents so much better then soap and water lol.feel free to show off your lets if you would like or share your potty training tips.we are doing the wee wee pads right now because of where we live we can't take her out in the yard till we can put tick and flee shampoo on her in a month

Anonymously3
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:53 AM

We bought a Maltese Yorkie mix we got This in hopes when she is a little bigger she won't have origins going outside as well

Quoting acer.acerpori: When my dog Buddy was a puppy we got him a box that we put the pee pads in and brought him to the box regularly. What kind of dog?
Quoting Anonymously3:

mamamiajk
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 6:59 PM

You can try looking in the kitty section for a harness. Petsmart has tons. With ours they grew so fast that the first collars are mementos! LOL Enjoy! Dogs love unconditionaly...

Quoting Anonymously3:

I bought a bunch of toys the problem right now with her she is max 2lbs I can't find a harness that fits bad we live in a wooded area where we have a lot of tics and stuff and we can't treat her till 12weeks.so we bought the grass thing and hopefully once she gets a little bigger taking her outside won't be a issues.but thanks :)

Quoting mamamiajk:

ittybit

maryBlanche
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)