Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is your family going to do this?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:45 PM
  • 38 Replies
Screen free week that is! This year it is May 5-11. My husband is dreading it but I am looking forward to it.

If you have work or school work of course your use the computer but other than that, no screens :). I'm looking up lists of all different activities for kids to do.

Next week I am going to go to the dollar tree and get little baskets and fill with craft things for my 3 youngins to do one day.

If your going screen free as well share your ideas to keep busy!!
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matofour
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:49 PM
To us it's not a big deal. We are screen free during the week anyway.always have been.
Weekends we are normally so busy we don't have a lot of time to use electronics.
Have fun:). It's one of the best choices we have ever made with our family.
happymama0609
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:52 PM
This is going to be the deciding factor to if we can keep direct TV or not. Dh wants to keep it, he thinks there is nothing to do but watch TV or play video games. *eyeroll*.

I wouldn't care if it was gone. Saves us 200 a month, lol!

Quoting matofour: To us it's not a big deal. We are screen free during the week anyway.always have been.
Weekends we are normally so busy we don't have a lot of time to use electronics.
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:02 AM
We might...most of our days are screen free anyway, so not really a big deal to us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
insanemomof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:49 AM
I couldn't agree with you more Direct Tv is nothing but a waste of money! They just like Dish charge way to much for television! Its a damn ripoff how a company can charge that much when in all reality you can only watch one channel at a time anyway! We've got a converter box and get about 12 channels for free! That's plenty if ya ask me!

Quoting happymama0609: This is going to be the deciding factor to if we can keep direct TV or not. Dh wants to keep it, he thinks there is nothing to do but watch TV or play video games. *eyeroll*.

I wouldn't care if it was gone. Saves us 200 a month, lol!

Quoting matofour: To us it's not a big deal. We are screen free during the week anyway.always have been.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Nichole on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:28 PM
I don't think we could. I mean, *I* could but dh and ds, not so much lol.
newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM
No
diaperstodating
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:41 PM
We might try it.
taKENheart
by Flovely on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:55 PM
3 moms liked this

No we aren't going to do it.  My kids are grown and I must have my CM and I must watch my favorite shows.  I know I'm a total t.v. junkie but I don't care, lol.

Sister_Someone
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

rolling on floor

Right. That's going to happen. Absolutely. Wait for it. NOT.

sidesplittinglaughter 

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Nope 

Quoting happymama0609: Screen free week that is! This year it is May 5-11. My husband is dreading it but I am looking forward to it. If you have work or school work of course your use the computer but other than that, no screens :). I'm looking up lists of all different activities for kids to do. Next week I am going to go to the dollar tree and get little baskets and fill with craft things for my 3 youngins to do one day. If your going screen free as well share your ideas to keep busy!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN