Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Trouble with the inlaws! Anybody up for that convo?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:07 AM
  • 13 Replies

I have just had the worst time with my new inlaws lately! I mean at first things were wonderful with them but since i have been pregnant they have all started so much drama with me and have done nothing but treat me like crap and he expects me to just take it and say nothing at all bc he thinks i should show them respect. But shouldnt they be showing me respect to? I have been told that they started to hate me bc they think i treat him like crap but its not like that he is the only man out of two sisters and his mom they have all 3 had 4 kids so they should know you get a little hormonal and you say some dumb things! So i dont get it! plus his sisters think that they can do and say whatever they want and i half to just take it bc they r his sisters like there gods or something but it shouldnt matter, yeah i respect them but if they want to stand up to me and be nasty to me then no matter who they are i should be able to stand up to them woman to woman and straighten things out and stand up for myself without being told im disrespectful. Any opinions?

by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greenlove2013
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Defend yourself and tell your husband to quit being an ass kisser to his family
happymia
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Put an end to it now, or you'll end up like me, 17 years later and still dealing with in law hell
aalwaysyours
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:22 AM

I guess a good thing is, he does take up for me when something major happens but what stinks is instead of them takeing responsibility for how they acted and realizing he got pissed bc of things they did and said they blame me and say that he would never do that if not for me. bt really he would never of done tht or said that if you wouldnt of done or said what you did! and instead of being done with it im bout to go all devils due on their butts lol (if you have not seen that movie there is a part where the pregnant woman goes crazy and bashs all the windows out on this mini van) :)

aalwaysyours
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Quoting greenlove2013: Defend yourself and tell your husband to quit being an ass kisser to his family

I guess a good thing is, he does take up for me when something major happens but what stinks is instead of them takeing responsibility for how they acted and realizing he got pissed bc of things they did and said they blame me and say that he would never do that if not for me. bt really he would never of done tht or said that if you wouldnt of done or said what you did! and instead of being done with it im bout to go all devils due on their butts lol (if you have not seen that movie there is a part where the pregnant woman goes crazy and bashs all the windows out on this mini van) :)

greenlove2013
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:29 AM
I would say something if I were you

Quoting aalwaysyours:

Quoting greenlove2013: Defend yourself and tell your husband to quit being an ass kisser to his family

I
guess a good thing is, he does take up for me when something major
happens but what stinks is instead of them takeing responsibility for
how they acted and realizing he got pissed bc of things they did and
said they blame me and say that he would never do that if not for me. bt
really he would never of done tht or said that if you wouldnt of done
or said what you did! and instead of being done with it im bout to go
all devils due on their butts lol (if you have not seen that movie there
is a part where the pregnant woman goes crazy and bashs all the windows
out on this mini van) :)

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:53 AM

I have no problem speaking my mind to anyone.  Do unto others as you would have done unto you aka dont disrespect me and think I will not tell you where to go and how to get there.

aalwaysyours
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:58 AM

Lol, yes i like that! And thats how i usually am, i was like that with my exs family if i needed to be but i knew when i got with my recent husband that family meant alot so im kind of scared that if i say something and it gets to bad he will get distant with me or really mad bc he made it clear how he was when we met. I guess im just halfing to take the high road and they r just gunna look stupid bc im not sayin shit back :)

Quoting MixedCooke:

I have no problem speaking my mind to anyone.  Do unto others as you would have done unto you aka dont disrespect me and think I will not tell you where to go and how to get there.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Quoting aalwaysyours:

Lol, yes i like that! And thats how i usually am, i was like that with my exs family if i needed to be but i knew when i got with my recent husband that family meant alot so im kind of scared that if i say something and it gets to bad he will get distant with me or really mad bc he made it clear how he was when we met. I guess im just halfing to take the high road and they r just gunna look stupid bc im not sayin shit back :)

Quoting MixedCooke:

*having.  It could backfire because then they could take advantage of you by thinking "oh it doesnt matter if I talk to her in such a way."  My hubby's family were more closed off when it came to speaking their minds and discussing private matters but my family are open books, so they have opened up some, especially with us.

aalwaysyours
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Also it makes it moree difficult bc they dont hve the guts to actually say it to my face and i hate going to someone by hear say even if by their attitudes and actions i can tell that im being told the truth

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting aalwaysyours:

Quoting MixedCooke:

*having.  It could backfire because then they could take advantage of you by thinking "oh it doesnt matter if I talk to her in such a way."  My hubby's family were more closed off when it came to speaking their minds and discussing private matters but my family are open books, so they have opened up some, especially with us.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 2:27 AM

yeah but you will not know if it is the truth or not unless you confront them and again, I have no problem doing that either.

Quoting aalwaysyours:

Also it makes it moree difficult bc they dont hve the guts to actually say it to my face and i hate going to someone by hear say even if by their attitudes and actions i can tell that im being told the truth

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting aalwaysyours:

Quoting MixedCooke:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)