Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Will you encourage your child to wait until marriage?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:58 PM
  • 16 Replies

Will you encourage your child to wait until s/he is married before having sex?

Why?  Why not?

Did you wait?

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Yes we do. Because it's better and safer to wait till you find someone special.

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Absolutely, but I will also educate her on all circumstances and options that are available if she were to be sexually active before then, from birth control, to the emotional and physical things that come with sex.
MixedCooke
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
No because I don't want her left wondering if there is someone better at it elsewhere. I will teach her self respect and that most men just want it but the ones that are willing to wait when you are ready physically, mentally and emotionally and possibly financially if there's a little surprise. Some may not agree but such is life.
newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes because I truly believe its the right thing to do. My parents encouraged me to wait, I did not but I wish I had, I would have had less stress and heartache if I'd waited. Though I'll be teaching him to wait, I'm not naive so I know he might not thus he'll not be ignorant to safe sex and risks and consequences.

dommad2
by Tamara on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Till marriage no. I believe sex should wait until a committed adult relationship where you give your self from love.

I did not wait till marriage. My first was a huge mistake and I regret not waiting.
ELKmountain.mom
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:22 PM
I will and I will be open when my kids, give them as much info as possible and hope they are honest with me.
I see nothing good that comes from sex before marriage or at least waiting till you are out of school and in a good relationship but I also know its a hard thing to do and I want them protected and knowing they can come to me.
chaotic.mind
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

No, not until they're married. I think it's unrealistic to wait until marriage. 

I tell them to wait until they're in a committed relationship and tell them to be safe. 

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:52 PM
No, not until marriage. But he will be taught not to rush into anything. I know a lot of people who rushed into marriage so they could have sex and have miserable marriages. I also know people who waited until marriage and have zero sexual chemistry.
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Yes. I wish I had waited until marriage, even though Dh and I have only been with each other. We started dating at 16, had sex at 18 and got married at 20..we've been married for 18.5 years and together for 23 years.. neither of us have ever regretted only being with the other, but I do wish we had waited until marriage. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

ljmom24
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Yes, do I think it's realistic probably no but I can still preach it. Along with educating about the consequences of sex and not just pregnancy and std but the emotional crap. Now I know most teens aren't that obedient do while they will get the I want you to wait they will get the protection lecture too.

I didn't wait until marriage but I did wait for my hubby and I'm happy to say I've only slept with one man and I don't wonder if i missed out at all. Hubby didn't wait but he isn't proud of his past either (not that it's a long list just looking back there are girls he wished he never hooked up with and that's not just a load of bs he gives me) I m proud I lost my virginity to the man I will spend rest of my life with God willing so why wouldn't I want this for my kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN