Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Serious Anxious mommy issues.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:23 PM
  • 20 Replies

hey, Meggy here.

i am a worrier. and i need some help. i have an older adopted daughter, and..me being me, i have the horrid fear that once she moves out, gets married, etc, i will not be her mommy anymore. Like at all. i am afraid she won't see me as mommy anymore. We are very close, i just..worry.

when she gets married, will i suddenly stop being mommy? very very worried..please no bashing.

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:59 PM
I personally don't think you have anything to worry about. Her feelings about you won't change just because she moves out.
Kayy543
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:08 AM
3 moms liked this
I was adopted by my dad and I still saw him as such until he disowned me which broke my heart as much as it would had we been genetically related. You'll be fine, don't worry!! Bonds aren't formed by genetics, they're formed by love.
MamaMeggy
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: I personally don't think you have anything to worry about. Her feelings about you won't change just because she moves out.

Alright.. thanks :)

MamaMeggy
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Quoting Kayy543: I was adopted by my dad and I still saw him as such until he disowned me which broke my heart as much as it would had we been genetically related. You'll be fine, don't worry!! Bonds aren't formed by genetics, they're formed by love.

hey, thanks! :) My daughter is a bit of a tricky one. We have had fights where she has said i am loosing her and things like that.. But, we have been doing pretty good lately and i am just a worry wart :) 

hugss
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Aww she will always be your daughter & you will always be her Mom
The relationship changes a bit when they are older.
I am great *friends* with my sons & very close ..
Yours will be too & you will see it will be ok.
Hugs to you :)

Quoting MamaMeggy:

hey, Meggy here.

i am a worrier. and i need some help. i have an older adopted daughter, and..me being me, i have the horrid fear that once she moves out, gets married, etc, i will not be her mommy anymore. Like at all. i am afraid she won't see me as mommy anymore. We are very close, i just..worry.

when she gets married, will i suddenly stop being mommy? very very worried..please no bashing.

MamaMeggy
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Quoting hugss:

Aww she will always be your daughter & you will always be her MomThe relationship changes a bit when they are older.I am great *friends* with my sons & very close ..Yours will be too & you will see it will be ok.Hugs to you :)

Quoting MamaMeggy:

hey, Meggy here.

Lol thank you :) Your very friendly! :D

hugss
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:52 AM

LOL .. I try,

Quoting MamaMeggy:

Quoting hugss:

Aww she will always be your daughter & you will always be her MomThe relationship changes a bit when they are older.I am great *friends* with my sons & very close ..Yours will be too & you will see it will be ok.Hugs to you :)

Quoting MamaMeggy:

hey, Meggy here.

MamaMeggy
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. I try,

Quoting MamaMeggy:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting MamaMeggy:

hey, Meggy here.

Well you are doing a good job! :D

hugss
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Thanks,
Come chat with us in the Time Out group,

I think you will really enjoy it ;)

Quoting MamaMeggy:

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. I try,

Quoting MamaMeggy:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting MamaMeggy:

hey, Meggy here.

MamaMeggy
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Quoting hugss:

Thanks,Come chat with us in the Time Out group,

I think you will really enjoy it ;)

Quoting MamaMeggy:

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. I try,

Quoting MamaMeggy:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting MamaMeggy:

hey, Meggy here.

sure thing! which forum are you all chatting in?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)