Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever wonder what that PKU test is all about? My princess was not tested, this is what happened. Watch. Share. Support

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM
  • 23 Replies
2 moms liked this

by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
texasgirl77
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Amazing story. I think this testing should be a mandatory test everywhere, not an "option" because of how the outcome can be so significantly different if it's found early. And by the way that's a beautiful girl you have. Wish ya'll the best in life!
michelle.hays
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Quoting texasgirl77: Amazing story. I think this testing should be a mandatory test everywhere, not an "option" because of how the outcome can be so significantly different if it's found early. And by the way that's a beautiful girl you have. Wish ya'll the best in life!

Yep. Awareness is key.
emtgirl885
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Such a touching story. Katy is so pretty and sweet!
bothsidesofcoin
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:44 PM
I thought PKU testing was mandatory in most states.
Dani0521
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I pray all your dreams for your beautiful daughter ones true. I can tell you two are loving and giving parents.

TheMommaJessie
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:30 PM

thank you for sharing your story and bringing awareness to the fact that not everywhere does the new born screenings.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:12 AM

:/ I can't get it to play on cm so I went to vimeo and same there.  I found you on youtube and hoped to find the video there but I couldn't :/ I did find your trip to Disney World with Katy though ;)  That was nice to watch ;)  Love your videos!

marmelsan
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Katy is such a beautiful girl. I LOVE her smile. My husband is from Mexico and I've been to the hospital there with my MIL. As a maternity nurse they let me have a quick little tour of their maternity. Very basic. I didn't know how they handled your "package" like that. I will be forever more grateful each time I order up a state newborn screening test, which is provided free in California, and explained as a "mandatory" test. I will pray that your dreams for Katy come true. I am sure she will have lots of friends. Who could resist that precious child?! God bless you.
elasmimi
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:47 PM

I thought so, too. It is in Tennessee.

Quoting bothsidesofcoin: I thought PKU testing was mandatory in most states.

DSamuels
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:39 PM

It was in Minnesota 36 years ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN