Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ever wonder what that PKU test is all about? My princess was not tested, this is what happened. Watch. Share. Support

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM
  • 23 Replies
2 moms liked this

by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
texasgirl77
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Amazing story. I think this testing should be a mandatory test everywhere, not an "option" because of how the outcome can be so significantly different if it's found early. And by the way that's a beautiful girl you have. Wish ya'll the best in life!
michelle.hays
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Quoting texasgirl77: Amazing story. I think this testing should be a mandatory test everywhere, not an "option" because of how the outcome can be so significantly different if it's found early. And by the way that's a beautiful girl you have. Wish ya'll the best in life!

Yep. Awareness is key.
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Such a touching story. Katy is so pretty and sweet!
bothsidesofcoin
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:44 PM
I thought PKU testing was mandatory in most states.
Dani0521
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I pray all your dreams for your beautiful daughter ones true. I can tell you two are loving and giving parents.

TheMommaJessie
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:30 PM

thank you for sharing your story and bringing awareness to the fact that not everywhere does the new born screenings.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:12 AM

:/ I can't get it to play on cm so I went to vimeo and same there.  I found you on youtube and hoped to find the video there but I couldn't :/ I did find your trip to Disney World with Katy though ;)  That was nice to watch ;)  Love your videos!

marmelsan
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Katy is such a beautiful girl. I LOVE her smile. My husband is from Mexico and I've been to the hospital there with my MIL. As a maternity nurse they let me have a quick little tour of their maternity. Very basic. I didn't know how they handled your "package" like that. I will be forever more grateful each time I order up a state newborn screening test, which is provided free in California, and explained as a "mandatory" test. I will pray that your dreams for Katy come true. I am sure she will have lots of friends. Who could resist that precious child?! God bless you.
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:47 PM

I thought so, too. It is in Tennessee.

Quoting bothsidesofcoin: I thought PKU testing was mandatory in most states.

DSamuels
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:39 PM

It was in Minnesota 36 years ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN