Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help!!! Can't control my anxiety

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:51 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have a 6 year old son who has been pale and has dark circles around his eyes for a while. I took him to his doctor and did complite blood work thank god came back normal. He had two infected teeth but we took care of it 5 days ago. He still looks pale!!! I am scared to death that something is seriously wrong wih him. Am I missing something?? I am 26 weeks pregnant I just can't stress about this. His doctor doesn't have any concerns at all, she has him on acid reducer since once in a while he ll complain about his tommy ache. He is active and has a awesome appetite.
Any advise from moms??? I always had anxiety issues but this one is killing me..
Thanks.
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:08 PM

How is his sleeping?  I would worry too if food is not bringing back his color.  Which blood tests did they do?  Did they check his iron levels or just check for illnesses?

-42-
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:09 PM
Start him on a daily vitamin and ask about starting him on an iron supplement as well.
Reina13
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 12:17 PM

What type of tests did they do? I immediately thought he might be anemic. Try a multivitamin with iron and see if that helps. If not, I would take him to see another doctor for a second opinion. Good luck.

marmelsan
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Consider allergies. This is what I have and my oldest had dark circles like this since a baby. Here's one link, but you can find many. Just Google "dark circles under my child's eyes". You'll find a bunch. I swear I was born with dark circles under my eyes. Ours definitely environmental allergies. I don't mean things like medications or foods. http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x1048427/is-it-normal-for-my-baby-to-have-dark-circles-under-his-eyes. Btw, I lost my search results, but one also mentioned looking pale too and none of these things were anything to worry about.
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Perahps it's time to get another opinion?

I've never dealt with anything like this but I would be worried, too.

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Tooth infections can mess a person up and take a while to get over.  What I am thinking, though, is that maybe it is seasonal allergies?

Mellissaa100
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Thanks for all replies!!! I thought about anemia at first but his blood work is just fine. I still make him spinach and kale smoothie with lots of fruit every day. Boys are so bad with eating fruits and veggies, at least mine ;(. But thanks to blenders he has no idea whats in there.

Allergies yes,,, he has stuffy nose and itchi throat so I have him on zertec for now. It helps!

And since is so nice out I am taking him to playground every day to get some sun. This winter has been way too long I am sure he needs some vitamin D.

I got some multivitamins but I am waiting for his check up to see what to do next.

Since he is terrified of needles his doctor ordered complete blood work to check everything. But he was such a big boy didn't even cry. Shots are scarier :)) thats what he said.

Thanks Ladies you really helped!

Ricksmama
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
He could have low iron which makes you pale. Just keep watching for anything else that might come up. If your still concerned make him a new appointment.
Mellissaa100
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

We had another check up yesterday and he looked much much better.  Doctor said he is perfectly healthy and she only thinks that the teeth were the problem. He eats much better and his energy is way over the top. Now all he needs some sun. I am so relief!! Its an amazing feeling.  Thanks everyone.

Ricksmama
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Quoting Mellissaa100:

We had another check up yesterday and he looked much much better.  Doctor said he is perfectly healthy and she only thinks that the teeth were the problem. He eats much better and his energy is way over the top. Now all he needs some sun. I am so relief!! Its an amazing feeling.  Thanks everyone.

Awesome great news
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)