Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The Never Ending Tummy Bug!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:21 AM
  • 4 Replies
What is the best way to get rid of a stomach bug? My family has been passing one around for about a week now. I clean up after sickness with Clorox wipes and Lysol. My kids wash their hands throughout the day and don't share drinks usually. Should I be using something stronger to clean the messes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Autumn19
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:22 AM
Probiotics. Everyone in my fam caught it except me because I take them daily
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Wear disposable gloves when you clean up after them.  Use the wipes on anything that people touch- the toilet flush handle, the faucet, light switches, phones, remotes, doorknobs, the car steering wheel. Anything you can think off. New toothbrushes for everybody, and everybody has their own toothpaste. Wash pillowcases every day.

What gets rid of viruses on your hands is the scrubbing under warm water and rubbing- this dislodges the viruses and lets them wash down the drain.

I hope your family feels better soon. When I had a stomach virus recently it took two weeks before I felt well.

navywife2377
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Bleach is the only thing that kills that virus. I usually do a spray bottle or half bleach and half water. I also only let them use one bathroom so it's not spreading through the house. I keep them in their rooms till it passes. Don't let the healthy ones use that bathroon also after every time they have a bowel movement or even throw up spray the toilet down with bleach. I bleach everything when my kids get it and so far usually only the one will get it. I use gloves to clean up anything with throw up on it. Even when you feel better the virus can be in their poop for two weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:17 PM

This.  It's possible the virus messed up your balances and some probiotics will help set it right again.

If it persists, see the doctor.  I have had experiences where families had a parasite infection and kept thinking it was just a never ending virus.

Quoting Autumn19: Probiotics. Everyone in my fam caught it except me because I take them daily

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)