Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you regret your child's name?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 4:39 PM
  • 101 Replies

My neighbor is expecting her first after a long TTC process and told me today she's thinking of naming her Erasia. She seemed really in love with that name and I know how happy she is to finally be well in her 2nd trimester with her 1st baby so I just smiled and said, "Wow, that's really different." I really don't care for the name, but it isn't MY baby so who cares, right? Anyway, when she left our mutual friend who was there visiting, too, said, "She's going to hate that she picked that name."

I thought about that and wondered if you really like the name you give your kids, could you ever really regret it?

Do you regret YOUR child's name?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashmomoftwins
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 4:51 PM

No i dont reget my kids names.

Bella-Kiwi
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Nope. I love both my daughter's names. I was iffy on telling people my second daughters name JUST because most people don't like it (mostly random people online) but I personally love it!
jlm2676
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 4:57 PM
I do for ds. His first name is stbx first name. I never liked naming a boy after their father but did because I thought stbx and I would be together forever.
Sammie0402
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:05 PM
I love my sons name and the reasoning behind it. However I do slightly regret not giving him the middle name I wanted. I gave him my FILs name for his middle name and the a few months later we found out some awful secret life he had and now I wish I had given him my husbands name for his middle instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:11 PM
I do regret it but not because of the name itself but because I didn't really think it through. I named my son after a great friend of mine (who is still a wonderful person) and I was hours away from family at the time so I never thought about my brother having the same name. Now I can see my brothers house from mine and I'm constantly having to explain that my child isn't named after him. He's not the kind of person you would name your kid after.
poietes
by Laura on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:22 PM
2 moms liked this
My boys are Cian, Cameron and Kelton. The only one I might regret a little is Cameron because it's gotten to popular for my taste. But it does suit him.
ThreeMommy
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:31 PM

No

Ricksmama
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:32 PM
No way I love the names we chose. Each name has a special meaning
Night_Roane
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:38 PM
I love both of my girls' names - Rosalie Alora and Skyla Faye, but now everyone and their sister is naming their daughter "Skylar", and I hate that it's so similar to DD's name. People always mishear it, and I tell them that her name ends in a musical note, not a burp. And whether they mishear it or not, I get to hear about their friend who just had a baby named Skylar.
RamoHorn
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I originally had Ariyana as a name for my daughter but a girl I worked with (and despised) gave birth 3 days before me and stole the name. Sooooo I changed it (after all my family and friends had THAT name embroidered on her gifts!!!) I changed it cuz I didn't want to be filled with anger every time I said her name. Now my husband and I can't imagine her as anyone other than Ariya :D
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN