Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When did you know?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:47 PM
  • 25 Replies
When did you know you and your dh were ready for a second child? Did you regret having your children so close/far apart in age. My son is 16 mo he is amazing but I can't even think about having a second child anytime soon, although I've always wanted two.
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ricksmama
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:57 PM
We didn't really plan our second son in fact I gave away all my baby items and was told I had endometriosis an couldn't have anymore. But to our surprise we had our second son 2 Years after our first. I'm thankful every day
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:05 PM
I knew I was ready to try when I started crying packing up some clothes my oldest had outgrown.
SixLowes
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:05 PM

We knew we wanted 3 kids and we wanted them close together, about 2 yrs apart. We knew we were ready when we felt like we could handle another child. My oldest and 2nd are 2 yrs and 2 months apart. My 2nd and 3rd are 1 yr 8 months apart and my 3rd and 4th (our suprise) are 3 yrs and 11 months apart. 

SexyLexi123
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Me and my boyfriend got a two for one special, so...

Valerie-2
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
We didn't plan on having a second child until my son was almost 4. BUT when my son was 3 1/2 months old we ended up pregnant with our second child! I was on the pill but i kept forgetting to take it and it. My son and daughter and 12 months and 9 days apart :)
even though at first i didn't want to have a second baby so soon i don't regret it at all and im glad i didn't wait any longer.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Within a week of DS being born DH and I were ready for another one. LOL. We started trying once we were given the all clear to have sex and we were pregnant a few months later. DS was 3 months old when we found out we were pregnant. They are 12 months a week apart in age and we LOVE IT! 

I would do it again in a heartbeat!

GamerMomma2
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 7:13 PM

My 2 DSs are 22 months apart. My sister and I are 23 months apart. I think it's perfect!

ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on Apr. 29, 2014 at 7:16 PM

i didnt plan for my 2nd son it just happen that way my first  son and 2nd son are all most 6 years apart from each other  my oldest will be 12 in august and my little guys just turn 6 

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:47 AM

Mine are 20 months apart. Never for one moment have I regretted having them so close in age.

They are now, 19 (20 in July) and 18.

depressedmom101
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:19 AM
My oldest is 11 he was planned. Second is 8 she snuck in on me. Third is 16 days old. She wasn't planned either I was on the patch. The thing is..... I always secretly wanted a third and so did he. Timing was off but I love every min. Sometimes its not what we know or plan its all up to God in the end. When its meant to be..... its meant to be.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN