Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 10 year old son is 5'10 tall!!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:37 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi ladies

I have a 10 year old son who is growing so fast he's no longer able to be plotted on the growth chart! His pediatrician says he's projected to be 7 feet tall because he hasn't gone through puberty yet. Any advice or experiences from other mom's who have children growing tall extremely fast?

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:44 AM
Good luck finding clothes. Ds is 6'6".
ljmom24
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 6:06 AM
Start a saving account for sneakers. Dh has two cousin who where in a size 15 in high school and this was pre internet shopping so their mom had to call around and order. They both played sports to and competitive and finding school clothes wasn't too bad (they spent most of the first half of childhood up north and moved down south in middle school so when they were over 6 ft in high school they were content in shorts year round and tshirts) but dress clothes that where required for game day was a challenge. Plus her youngest was picky. A day of shopping with her son was his aunts version of torture. She'd finally find something that fit but he wouldn't like the color or style.

My dh has size 13 and been in that since high school. So far ds1 is following dad in size but ds2 has my small genes
cmjustice
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 6:13 AM
My son is 5 and is projected to be 6'6" based on his height. He's been holding pretty steady at that curve for a while but I don't know that he will be that tall. I'm thinking more like 6'4", I'm 5'8" and his dad is 6'2".
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Oh wow, mama. That's crazy, lol. Thankfully you should have some good luck on finding clothing and shoes for him online. I couldn't imagine not having the internet for something like that.

How is his self esteem? I would be concerned that he would feel awkward being so much taller than his classmates. (((HUGS)))

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Wow, he IS going to be a tall man!

I don't have any advice really.  My 13 year old is only about 5'2 right now (but shooting up like crazy all of a sudden).

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

wow i thought my son was tall for his age-5'5" at 11 yrs old, weighing in at 140

his best friend up the street is 5'9" and his dad is  super tall, it's weird being around a little boy who is taller than me, LOL

I don't have any advice, i would suggest basket ball though

betcha haven't heard that one before huh?  LOL

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:29 AM

my 8 yr old daughter is 4'10" so we'll see how that goes...LOL

i'm only 5'8" and dh is not even 6' tall

but my dad is over 6' and my brother is 6'5" but only about 180 lbs soaking wet

the difference between their growth patterns is like night and day, my side is tall and slim

dh side is short and stocky

so ds got that curious mix of tall and stocky, he's going to be a bruiser for sure

me_my5mem
by New Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:14 PM
My son seth just turned 13 an he is 6'1 omg it is so crazy to see him look an sound like a man when i can remember like yesterday he was the baby
richjess82
by New Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I thought my 10 year old ds was tall.  He's and inch shorter than me at 5'1".  I can't imagine.

jcm28
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:28 PM
My 11 year old is average height but in a size 7.5 men's sneakers. My dh size 14
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)