Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My dry coughing 7month old

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 2:25 AM
  • 6 Replies
What should I do for my 7 month old with a dry cough...PLEASE HELP! IM DESPRITE FOR AN ANSWER. EVER SIENCE HE GOT IT HE HASNT BEEN SLEEPING WELL AT ALL. :(
by on May. 1, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Racer15
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 2:38 AM
Try a humidifier
funhappymom
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM

How long has he had it? Have you tried a humidifier, sitting in the bathroom while a hot shower is running?

If he has had it for awhile, have you been to the doctor?

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:46 PM

How long has he had it?  Have you taken him to the doctor?

WILDCATGAL78
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:36 PM

I am asking the same questions the above posters did - how long has he had? Any other symptoms? If it's been couple of days try using a cool mist humidifier, steam shower, baby vicks on the feet, prop him on a small pillow to help sleep. If it's longer than 3-4 days, I would take him to the doctor.

Reina13
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

How is he feeling now?

I agree with all the listed advice. I did all these things with my kids too, then I took them to their pedi if they didn't get better.

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

I am asking the same questions the above posters did - how long has he had? Any other symptoms? If it's been couple of days try using a cool mist humidifier, steam shower, baby vicks on the feet, prop him on a small pillow to help sleep. If it's longer than 3-4 days, I would take him to the doctor.

withsecond
by on May. 3, 2014 at 3:42 PM

We have a humidifier in their room and we put vicks on the soles of their feet, with socks. That helps so much with the cough. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)