Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hiii from England!

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 9:33 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello!

My name is Alex. Juniper is my little darling. She will be 4 years old the day after mine this June when I'll become 17.

I've been lurking on your forum for some time now. I like your forum's ethos, and this is why I have joined. I am a young farmer and horticulturalist, just completed Level 3 in Horticulture with degree course with the Royal Horticultural Society, UK. Next step is my Masters, a 3 year slog with practical.

I live in town, but commute to our farm about 20 minutes' drive away. Family live there and I used to, but last winter was far too harsh. I have read a great many books on parenting, but we mothers don't have all the answers; sometimes we just have to make it up as we go along. ;-)  After a long day's work I spend my evenings with Juniper and my lovely family at their town house where I am now.

I have reached conclusion that in a relationship, it's not who wears the trousers; it's who cuts the mustard. I'm not a crunchy, but I sure have grit. ;)

by on May. 2, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Alex,
Having a party for your little one?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Endgame:

Hello!

My name is Alex. Juniper is my little darling. She will be 4 years old the day after mine this June when I'll become 17.

I've been lurking on your forum for some time now. I like your forum's ethos, and this is why I have joined. I am a young farmer and horticulturalist, just completed Level 3 in Horticulture with degree course with the Royal Horticultural Society, UK. Next step is my Masters, a 3 year slog with practical.

I live in town, but commute to our farm about 20 minutes' drive away. Family live there and I used to, but last winter was far too harsh. I have read a great many books on parenting, but we mothers don't have all the answers; sometimes we just have to make it up as we go along. ;-)  After a long day's work I spend my evenings with Juniper and my lovely family at their town house where I am now.

I have reached conclusion that in a relationship, it's not who wears the trousers; it's who cuts the mustard. I'm not a crunchy, but I sure have grit. ;)

Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 2, 2014 at 11:03 AM

good morningWhat day in June are both of your birthdays?

Endgame
by on May. 2, 2014 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Hottmomma607:

good morningWhat day in June are both of your birthdays?

Hiii :)

My 17th birthday is 6th June, and Juniper's 4th is the day after.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:51 PM

That's great that you've gotten that degree already Alex!  Congrats!

Endgame
by on May. 2, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Thank you everybody, its real nice to see such a lovely welcome, really it is! :)

Endgame
by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom Alex,Having a party for your little one?  Nice to meet you :)

Hey, sorry I missed your question - yep! We're deffs having a party for Juniper. :D And I want to invite our neighbours to bring their kids along, too. Juni's party is going to some planning, lots of cakes and sweet things that's for sure. What I was thinking for my 17th birthday party is to postpone it, cos 2 parties on 2 consecutive days is just too much. I know Juni prefers having all the attention for herself - mummy here can wait! haa.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Good idea on the waiting for you,
Once the kids are here they always come first , LOL
Sounds like a fun time :)

Quoting Endgame:

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom Alex,Having a party for your little one?  Nice to meet you :)

Hey, sorry I missed your question - yep! We're deffs having a party for Juniper. :D And I want to invite our neighbours to bring their kids along, too. Juni's party is going to some planning, lots of cakes and sweet things that's for sure. What I was thinking for my 17th birthday party is to postpone it, cos 2 parties on 2 consecutive days is just too much. I know Juni prefers having all the attention for herself - mummy here can wait! haa.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN