Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

cant get over it

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 5:51 PM
  • 5 Replies
I had identity theft 3 years ago and I cant get over it. They got away with 15000 and at the time I was working full time. I pretty sure it was my ex but I think it was more people than just him. I guess I just feel so violated and stupid not to be watching my checking account. I got accused of using drugs with the money which I have never used other than alcohol. Im a single mom with a 6 yo and I find myself isolating from everyone because I dont know who I can trust. I want to move away and start a new life. I hate it when people accuse me of something that isnt true. I also recently had a great job and thought I was making a comeback but I was trying to do to much work 40 hours a wee,take online classes. And do some work crew from a 2009 dui. I asked the judge if I could start making payments and she said I had to do work crew or community service. So I should have dropped my online. Instead I ended up loosing my job which im sad about. Now I have to start over looking for work. Frustrating. I need a pep talk from other single moms. And some good honest friends. Help
by on May. 2, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
me_my5mem
by New Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Hang in ther doll being a singel mom is scary i once was an it was the hardest thing i have ever done but once i got a hold of things life unfolded in such a beautiful way so stay strong an believe in your abilities as a mommy you will do yhe right thing
Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:20 PM

It is such a shame that this happened to you. It does sound as though you are a strong woman and that you can pull through this mess. Good luck!

hugss
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 1:27 AM

So sorry that hspppened,
Guessing they never found the person that did that?
Sorry you had to lose your job.. What are you taking for your clases?
Hang in there & don't give up.  Hugs to you & stay strong.  NIce to meet you :)

Quoting honesty13: I had identity theft 3 years ago and I cant get over it. They got away with 15000 and at the time I was working full time. I pretty sure it was my ex but I think it was more people than just him. I guess I just feel so violated and stupid not to be watching my checking account. I got accused of using drugs with the money which I have never used other than alcohol. Im a single mom with a 6 yo and I find myself isolating from everyone because I dont know who I can trust. I want to move away and start a new life. I hate it when people accuse me of something that isnt true. I also recently had a great job and thought I was making a comeback but I was trying to do to much work 40 hours a wee,take online classes. And do some work crew from a 2009 dui. I asked the judge if I could start making payments and she said I had to do work crew or community service. So I should have dropped my online. Instead I ended up loosing my job which im sad about. Now I have to start over looking for work. Frustrating. I need a pep talk from other single moms. And some good honest friends. Help

honesty13
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 6:33 PM

I just read your post again sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. that's one of my problems. I need to follow through. Thank you for the encouragement. I have forgotten how to laugh and have fun. I want to be a fun mom not a dead beat depressed mom. I got to shake away my blues and know I have it allot better than many. I need to reach out and find more support though. Kinda getting lonley and I isolate really well.

Hope to make more good honest friends.  Sincereley Caterina

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Sorry I didn't see this post back in May. Identity theft is awful, and very hard to bounce back from, but hang in there, you can do it! Here's a group of single moms you might enjoy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)