Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Thinkin about getting a new cell phone. help?

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:06 PM
  • 17 Replies

I have one of those old flip phones and I pay 85 a month for it. I want something cheeper. My options are verizon, t moble, and boost moble. What is your fav cell phone provider and why? How much do you pay for your phones?

by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HAHuskey
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Try strait talk
loveablej
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 6:10 PM
We have T-Mobile. For two smartphones with unlimited everything we pay 150 a month
FireCoyote
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
If straight talk is available I'd say go with that. $45 /month unlimited everything. If it's NOT an option I've heard T-Mobile is a good one to go with.
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:27 PM
My dh used to have boost. 50 for unlimited everything. Dunno about smart phones tho.
HAHuskey
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
AT&T go phone is $50/month unlimited everythig
Zipcrystal
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Would I just look that up online? Do I have to buy my own phone or do they have some?

Quoting HAHuskey: Try strait talk

Zipcrystal
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:29 AM

That's not bad

Quoting loveablej: We have T-Mobile. For two smartphones with unlimited everything we pay 150 a month

Zipcrystal
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:30 AM

I'm just worried it's more of a local thing. Where do you live? I need a phone that I can use when I travel. 

Quoting MommyJill87: My dh used to have boost. 50 for unlimited everything. Dunno about smart phones tho.

loveablej
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I just got the new HTC one m8 and we pay it off in payments on our bill we also have the jump plan when you can upgrade when ever you want. Never had a problem with them.

Quoting Zipcrystal:

That's not bad

Quoting loveablej: We have T-Mobile. For two smartphones with unlimited everything we pay 150 a month

pinchofCrazy
by New Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I had boost for awhile. 50 a month unlimited everything and if you pay on time for 6 months, your payment goes down $5. I switched to virgin mobile and pay 35 a month for text, internet, and 350 minutes. I only use maybe 100 of those.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)