Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you get a tummy tuck?

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM
  • 79 Replies
3 moms liked this

I got a tummy tuck a few days ago and had my diastasis recti (split stomach muscles) and umbilical hernia repaired . I was self conscience and hated the way my belly looked. I had this flap of skin that just would not go away. I workout 5-6 days a week and eat clean. I haven't told many people, just the people I'm really close to. Since I'm a fitness instructor, I don't want people to think that getting a tummy tuck is a quick fix. I got myself in the best shape of my life and then decided to get it done to make myself feel better. I feel like there is such a stigma about plastic surgery, no matter what the reason.

So, have you gotten a tummy tuck, or any other plastic surgery? What were your reasons? How was your recovery?

*I should add that we have two children and are done having kids (DH got a vasectomy).

by on May. 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
texasgirl77
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:10 PM
I choose not to do plastic surgery because the risks outweigh the benefits in my opinion. However, my friend had a tummy tuck a few years ago and she had a fairly easy recovery. She had lost 150lbs though and had a LOT of loose skin that wouldn't go away.
KatCawrse
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would.
Disneymom18
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:12 PM
I would have a tummy tuck. I had 2 huge babies and have a lot of loose skin. I'm not overweight, that loose skin makes me have a pouch and makes me self conscious.
mommytojaxon
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
If I needed or wanted it, yes!
SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on May. 3, 2014 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I had a c section once and I can't imagine another scalpel coming near me again unless medically necessary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kay283
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Sure why not? I've never had plastic surgery, but that's only because I can't afford it. How are you feeling? How long is recovery usually for a tummy tuck?
sheebes00
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm feeling ok. In some pain and moving slowly but it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The recovery is about 6 weeks. I have an appointment at three weeks post-op to see how I'm healing and if I can resume any activities (light exercise, etc).

Quoting kay283: Sure why not? I've never had plastic surgery, but that's only because I can't afford it. How are you feeling? How long is recovery usually for a tummy tuck?

Molimomma
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM

If I was brave enough I would love to but I'm not. The c-section was bad enough and I'm terrified of any surgery it's too easy for something to go horribly wrong that I'm not willing to borrow trouble. Sometimes when I'm low I imagine how great it would be to cut that pooch off and have my "normal" tummy back but I just can't do it, doesn't seem worth the risk to me.

letstalk747
by Joy on May. 3, 2014 at 7:42 PM

i would if i needed it

lweaver35260
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:24 PM
If I had the money I would! After my csection I have had this horrible flap of skin hang. I hate it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)