Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do You/Would You Leave Your Children

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 7:42 PM
  • 20 Replies

in a parked car by themselves?   

A family member of mine leaves their children in the car alone while they go into the store to go shopping.  Ages of the children are 9, 6, and 2.  

Is it okay to leave them in the car for a few minutes while you go into places? 

IMO, there are so many wierdos out there. I'd be afraid of something bad happening to them.   Also, a good friend of mine had her van start on fire while it was parked at Walmart.   Imagine the tragedy in that if there were children in it? 

by on May. 3, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Joy on May. 3, 2014 at 7:46 PM

hell no

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:15 PM

It is illegal here so no I would not do it even if it were legal.   Everyone that is in the car goes into the stores with us.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on May. 3, 2014 at 8:16 PM
NEVER
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucidDreamer90
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Fu#k no, kids are retarded.
JenD_77
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:20 PM

In ND if someone sees a kid alone in a car, the parent or guardian is automatically fined (IFFFF it is reported)...

DH and I have been told not to do it even if it's just to go in and pay for gas or say get mail from the mail box.. if you leave the car at all, you NEED to take your kids.

lucky3mommy
by New Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:23 PM
No way. People these days. Geeze
jessi2girls
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Not okay for a great number of reasons.

Molimomma
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Nope. Never ever never. For starters 2 different cars have been stolen in this town WITH KIDS INSIDE recently. But even before that I wouldn't. I don't even like leaving him in the car with the keys inside to fill it with gas I'm always afraid he and the keys will accidentally get locked in with me on the outside. For a long time I would leave the door open just in case.

lenashark
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:26 PM
No, and I'd call the nonemergency line at the police station if I saw someone leave a two year old in the care of a nine year old in a car.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:27 PM

I've left my 11 year old alone in the car for a few minutes but not the babies. 

reading   playing soccer   boy n girl

Melody       Conner Wyatt and Tabitha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)