Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you do multiple birthdays at once?

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 9:37 PM
  • 11 Replies

My sons were born 3 days apart, and my husband has his birthday - all three in the same month. We had all of their birthdays today because I've been spending so much time trying to help with my sick mother that I didn't feel I could manage three celebrations. Yet I have a rather large pang of guilt that I should have come through with separate celebrations.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

by on May. 3, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
2 of my kids have birthdays in June. We always celebrate them together because it's just easier and cheaper.
Tooth_Inspector
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm expecting our youngest in June and my middle daughter also has her birthday around the time I'm due. I promised her I would never make them celebrate their birthdays together just because I'm a twin and have never had my own birthday. But we shall see when he gets here.
Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM

When my sons were small, I'd have a family party for both together, but on the actual day of their birthday I'd make them their favorite meal and sometimes a cake.

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: I'm expecting our youngest in June and my middle daughter also has her birthday around the time I'm due. I promised her I would never make them celebrate their birthdays together just because I'm a twin and have never had my own birthday. But we shall see when he gets here.

vegepunkstr
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Both of my boys are December babies and I give them the option of a large party together or two separate smaller celebrations like taking a friend to the movies. So far they have choosen to party together and i don't feel guilty because I gave them an option.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

momoftwo0406
by on May. 3, 2014 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
July is like that for us 8 total
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 10:55 PM

I like this idea!

Quoting vegepunkstr:

Both of my boys are December babies and I give them the option of a large party together or two separate smaller celebrations like taking a friend to the movies. So far they have choosen to party together and i don't feel guilty because I gave them an option.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 10:56 PM

8!  That's a lot of celebrating! :)

Quoting momoftwo0406: July is like that for us 8 total

ABCMomma0211
by on May. 3, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Just because you are a twin doesnt mean anything.

You could have had your own

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: I'm expecting our youngest in June and my middle daughter also has her birthday around the time I'm due. I promised her I would never make them celebrate their birthdays together just because I'm a twin and have never had my own birthday. But we shall see when he gets here.
Tooth_Inspector
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Yeah, tell my folks that. I never had that choice and even now as an adult they coerce me into 'going to my sisters party' that ends up being for both of us. Are you a twin?

Quoting ABCMomma0211: Just because you are a twin doesnt mean anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ABCMomma0211
by on May. 3, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Have them.

So does my cousin, she has one party, but decorates according to what each wants.

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: Yeah, tell my folks that. I never had that choice and even now as an adult they coerce me into 'going to my sisters party' that ends up being for both of us. Are you a twin?

Quoting ABCMomma0211: Just because you are a twin doesnt mean anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN