Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Only a few months left until daughter starts preschool!

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hey there! My name is Jessi and my daughter's name is Chloe. She is four and a half and we just regisitered her for preschool-I am nervous and anxious and (guiltily) a little relieved! I have always stay home with her-I was blessed enough to stop working when I had her. I know this will be a tremendous change and wonder if there are any other moms out there facing the same issue.

by on May. 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom, Jessi! You'll be fine.  It is a change, but you and she will soon get into a new routine.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Kinda. My daughter just turned 5 on April first and will be starting kindergarten in Aug and she has always been home with me. They are having a pre k 2 week only 3 hours a day class in June so I enrolled her in that so she can get to know her way around and her teachers and some of the kids so when she starts it won't be such a shock (she is signed up for full day ). Also we talk about it constantly so she it's common.
Reina13
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Hi. Welcome.

My children are older but I remember this feeling very well. It is perfectly normal. You are excited and nervous for this next chapter in her life, but also you are wanting to have your own time as well. Nothing wrong with that!

funhappymom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Yep, I have felt the same way. Seems like only yesterday that my kids were starting preschool and my older two are just finishing up 3rd & 4th grade. It's a new chapter of life for both of you. So scary and yet so exciting all at once. Treasure the time and make memories. Take lots of photos. I wish I would have taken more photos than I did.

(((HUGS)))

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Hi Jesse! Welcome! Don't feel quilty! Most of us have been there. Its new and once you get used to it both of you will be fine!

Enjoy the quiet time and if it gets to be too quiet, volunteer at her school!

AmandaGray2013
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Hey jessi I am going through the same thing. Kinda scary but exciting as we'll.
hugss
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Such an exciting time for you both,
Is she excited about it?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Brownie80:

Hey there! My name is Jessi and my daughter's name is Chloe. She is four and a half and we just regisitered her for preschool-I am nervous and anxious and (guiltily) a little relieved! I have always stay home with her-I was blessed enough to stop working when I had her. I know this will be a tremendous change and wonder if there are any other moms out there facing the same issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)