Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is my d.h not affectionate?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:32 PM
  • 3 Replies
My d.h and I have been married for 5 years. We started off as friends and eventually being to date. When we were friends we use to laugh at couples who were really affectionate in public, couples that dressed alike, finished each other sentences and such. Well now 2kids later, is it too much to ask for a "random act of kindness? ". He thinks the only time I should get a present is V-day, birthday, and Christmas. I mean the sex is great, but I really need a hug sometimes or flowers just because. When I've had a bad day at work or the kids are driving me crazy.

Are you and your s.o affectionate towards each other? .
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:53 PM

How often do you initiate a hug or kiss?  We have our days that are ups and downs.  With his medical issues and medications he does not feel "sexy" alot.  We do not buy flowers since they die easily.  His acts of love are making dinnner and cleaning it up,  helping dd with her bath time or keeping her out of my hair if i am having a bad day.  Those sort of things are unspoken acts of love.

juniors.mommy
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Yes. Very. But we are both very affectionate people..so it works out
bothsidesofcoin
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:00 PM
We are both very affectionate. We have no problem stealing a peck in public or holding hands or snuggling in a booth. But we are both "that type". Have you tried initiating the affection? Or telling him how you feel?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)