Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

fever question

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:15 PM
  • 26 Replies
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Sorry i hit enter n i didnt mean to. Anyways my dd is 10 has had mid grade fevers since wed. Ahe is going to the doctor tomorrow but shr has no othet symptoms at all. Its driving me crazy. Her temps has stayed right around 102 to 103. I dont get it why no other symptoms?
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on May. 4, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd (2) had this a few months ago. It was scary but it passed. Ask for a blood test maybe?
pixie-buttercup
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Both of my sons (ages 7 and 4) had viruses at the same time in March. Both had fevers up to 104 for about 3-4 days. No other symptoms. Both were negative for strep. I just gave them tons of popsicles and treated the fever with Tylenol or Motrin. Good luck!! Hope your daughter feels better soon!

bothsidesofcoin
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
102, 103 are not mid grade fevers they are high. Is she eating and drinking? Have you given her children's Tylenol or Ibuprofen? If her temp gets much higher she could have a seizure.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes on all of the above. Ive been told by docs that those are not high fevers those are mid frade. high is 104 to 106. Ive also been told 99 is no longer considered a fever. Taking her to the doc tomorrow. She has open heart surgery as a baby. So hoping all is ok tbere. Scary....

Quoting bothsidesofcoin: 102, 103 are not mid grade fevers they are high. Is she eating and drinking? Have you given her children's Tylenol or Ibuprofen? If her temp gets much higher she could have a seizure.
mcguirebaby
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I'm sure it's just a virus. I own a private school and this type of virus has been going around. Take her to the doc just to be sure, but I'm sure it will pass soon.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:30 PM
I think its just a virus also but family members have me all worked up lol.

Quoting mcguirebaby:

I'm sure it's just a virus. I own a private school and this type of virus has been going around. Take her to the doc just to be sure, but I'm sure it will pass soon.

pixie-buttercup
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Is her temp coming down with the Tylenol/Motrin? Just make sure she stays hydrated. And yes....103 is not actually a "high" fever in a child. And just fyi....febrile seizures happen when the temp goes up and then comes down quickly. Not by how high the fever gets   : )    Very scary, though, knowing her medical history. Hope everything is ok with that!!! 

bothsidesofcoin
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Her fever is not going down with Tylenol or Ibuprofen?
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Thank you.

Quoting pixie-buttercup:

Is her temp coming down with the Tylenol/Motrin? Just make sure she stays hydrated. And yes....103 is not actually a "high" fever in a child. And just fyi....febrile seizures happen when the temp goes up and then comes down quickly. Not by how high the fever gets   : )    Very scary, though, knowing her medical history. Hope everything is ok with that!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)