Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice, will this change?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:40 PM
  • 6 Replies
My son is now six months old and I still have no real desire to have sex. I go through the motions to keep hubby happy but just have no sex desire whatsoever and do not really enjoy it. This is my second child. My oldest is 6 and I did not really have this problem after I had her. However I was 23 when I had her and now I am goin to be 30. Is this just an age thing? I don't want to say to my hubby that I do not desire sex any longer and get him upset. I am much more out of shape now than when I had my daughter and myself esteem really sucks. Been really struggling to drop the weight. Has anyone else gone through this? I just want to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I will enjoy it again someday.... Not sure if it matters but I had a C-section with both and a D & C in between for a miscarriage
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bothsidesofcoin
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Is it painful or just no drive? I would talk with your doctor. There may be something underlying. You should have some drive
MsJoyM
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:19 PM
I have been there. My d.h and I just had our 2nd child and I am more sexy charged now then I was after our 1st child. After our 1st child I did not want him to look at me let alone touch me. Having kids takes a toll on our bodies; both mentally and physically. Sometimes the low or nonexistent sex drive can be due to hormonal changes.

First. Make sure your s.o knows what's going on
Secondly. Give it some time
Third. Maybe watch a erotic movie or role play
Fourth. Talk to your ob/gyn

I'm no expert, but these worked for me. In my case it ended up being an hormonal imbalance. Eventually after medication I was ready to go.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Talk to your doctor and I hope your DH would be understanding and not selfish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytojaxon
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Hormones. :/ talk to your doc
lovebug8526
by on May. 5, 2014 at 2:26 AM

i have been like that since my first.  i will have sex with hubby but i really don t care if i have it or not. im not oing to go out of my way for it

schultzal
by on May. 5, 2014 at 4:18 AM
Are you breastfeeding? The hormones produced while breastfeeding will so that to a woman.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)