Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

He cried all night and in the morning couldn't move his head....

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 7:29 AM
  • 6 Replies
My son is seven and a half months old. For the last two nights he has cried all night and awoke with Hus head locked to the right. After a diaper change and sitting upright he was able to move again. By the time I fed him breakfast he was fine. We took him to emerg yesterday and they said they couldn't see anything. "He's probably just teething".. they said. I need to sleep and I'm worried. Anyone out there experience this??? Please help !
by on May. 5, 2014 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Megb26
by on May. 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Have you tried taking him to his actually doctor rather then the Emergency room? I would all his personal doctor and ask to make an appointment. Also, with techonolgy now adays, if this happens again, which I hope not- Just record it..if you have the video recorder on your phone take it and show it to your doc-

who-am-I-2014
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:46 PM

his head locking doesnt sound normal. i would keeep an eye on it get a second opinion. go out of your city if you have to. good luck to you.

ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:50 PM
A seizure maybe?
BeanieBlue
by on May. 6, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Does he have a fever? Is the soft spot on top of his head puffy-looking?

I'm not saying anymore until I see your reply because I don't want to worry you for no reason.

ABCMomma0211
by on May. 7, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Why was he screaming for two nights?

I wouldve called the pedi by nos.

And when you went into the er had them run some tests and not taken that answer.....

Im more worried why you let him scream for two nights with out a cLl to a pedi
Angafratina
by on May. 7, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Thanks for your concern ladies. My son is doing better. Please let me explain more on what happened... I went to emerg because on weekends walk-in clinics are closed and our family Dr was not available until the 13th. I didn't let him scream at night. I tried baby Tylenol, picking him up, cuddling, etc. I tried everything i could think of. Its not like I didn't try to help him. I would never let my child scream without trying to help! I posted this to look for answers, see if anyone else has experienced this. After I was finally able to get a hold of my mother, who had been out of country, she suggested that he was cold/getting a draft at night. We do make sure he is warm but in older houses there can be drafts that leek in. We changed his furniture around, added a humidifier and warm bean bag, and for the last two nights he slept as usual. We also managed to squeeze in a visit with our Dr who couldn't say what was wrong, only that he was not sick in any way. So, long story short, if any of you encounter this, check your babies room for drafts and coldness.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN