Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

kiss my a** mil!!

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM
  • 31 Replies

New to cafemom just looking to vent/share

My new mil is a nosey crazy bitch with no life so naturally her adult son's are her life I wish I could say my fil was better but omg he is not! To make a long story short

They bought everything pretty much

Threw me a baby shower

Welcomed me into "their" family, loved them at first

I gave birth and things fell all to hell, the in-laws stayed away said they did not want to intrude -_- my mil worked at the hospital I gave birth at ..she barged into my l&d room got updates every 10 mins pulling rank and kept coming in and out of my room making things all about her as I push a baby out, I over looked this, tho it was odd other nurses were even like umm but no one did anything.

Again they stayed away, waiting for us I guess to come to them begging for help never happened they then accused us of neglecting them/keeping them away from their gc when they had a right to see him/hated them for no reason/DOING DRUGS all because we were home being 1st time parents also because we have plans to move, they said we can not move the thought sent mil into a panic, my son was not even two months old when this all happened.

She saw him plenty had him for hours at a time, even overnight she just did not see him every time she wanted to the in-laws were pissed the only way to make up was an all day visit or an overnight visit...I started to deal with ppd and having in-laws so crazed over my new child scared me and I did not want them around at all.

My mil would call crying and screaming about her rights so we naturally stayed away. My hubby and I started fighting,due to stress, and out comes HIS MOM with her new tactics causing drama to push me out hoping her son will leave me and run to her with MY baby Lol.

She involved herself in our problems making more accusations falsely, we were invited to dinner my SO texts and asked what time...she replied with long texts about old drama and fights me and her son had saying "I just do not understand why y'all are still together" I laid into her telling her to get out of my business/relationship that we were adults and that she needed to stay away from my family.

She took it hard supposedly she has been passing out injuring herself, but we have been staying away ...the FIL just contacted us telling us they will be coming to our home till we work this all out with them whether we want them here or not saying they need to know what's going on in our home since were acting odd 

eye rolling

Sad part is, through all this with them not understanding and respecting boundaries/them not getting it they are missing out on their gs who they "love so much" he cries with them does not know them at all and I do not see that changing.

by on May. 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JanandJar
by on May. 5, 2014 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Worth the read lol you took her son technically and she seems to have emotional issues and you have no respect for that which is heartless. Why do you want to move?  to upset her? why can she not text what she wants to her son w.o you butting in? Why are they not welcomed into their sons home? Why didn't you two invite the grands over to meet and bond with the baby who would it hurt?. You are disrespectful imo if love to have my mom so enthused to be apart of my life shame on you grow up a little hun she is just a mom who loves her babies.

funhappymom
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Yikes. Sounds like a rough relationship with her. What does your husband think about all of this?

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

jeda1429
by on May. 6, 2014 at 10:29 AM
6 moms liked this

um..... That's not what I read at all. MIL sounds crazzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyy! She does Not need to be crying and screaming at a new mom about HER rights, and accusing anyone of doing drugs. What a wack-a do . A new mom does not need this kind of stress and she should know this. If she wanted to see the baby she should have called and said "is there anything that you need? Can I help you in any way ? Can I stop by for a few minutes, I would love to see you guys!"  Not call and accuse you guys of keeping her grandchild away from her , and screaming about her rights.

Quoting JanandJar:

Worth the read lol you took her son technically and she seems to have emotional issues and you have no respect for that which is heartless. Why do you want to move?  to upset her? why can she not text what she wants to her son w.o you butting in? Why are they not welcomed into their sons home? Why didn't you two invite the grands over to meet and bond with the baby who would it hurt?. You are disrespectful imo if love to have my mom so enthused to be apart of my life shame on you grow up a little hun she is just a mom who loves her babies.

marmie41
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
IMO there is more to the story. We are only f getting one side. I think you are not as innocent as you are portraying.
lulumomof2
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

We are only getting your side of the story, and that's okay because you are the one telling us. But could there be more to the story??

I get along well with my MIL,.but 1 time when they were little I had asked my mil like a month in advance if she could watch my boys (they were really young) so I could go black Friday shopping (my dh had to work). She had told me yes she could but then Thanksgiving night, right before we were going to leave her boyfriend's house (where we were having Thanksgiving dinner) she asks me if I can bring the boys to her (he lived like 30 minutes away from me) as her boyfriend wanted her to spend the night at his house. I was mad and told her never mind. My dh's brother over heard and called me and told me he'd watch them for me. He came over to my mom's house (we were house sitting since they were out of town) and watched them.

I was hurt that she wanted to change plans that we had made over a month ago for a boyfriend that was just using her to clean his house and take care of his kids (they weren't little kids, they were 2 teenage girls). But I figured (as we all did) that sooner or later she'd figure it out and that in the mean time she was happy (or appeared to be happy) and everyone is entitled to their happiness. I realized that one day I was going to be the MIL and if I had made a mistake I would want my DIL to forgive me and give me another chance. So that is what I did. And you know what I'm glad I did! My MIL and I have a very good relationship!!

I know what my MIL did and your MIL did are way 2 different things, but do you think its worth being the bigger person and trying to start over for the sake of not only your dh but for your son?

ETA: My MIL did figure it out about her boyfriend a yr or so later!

Dobermans are like Potato chips, nobody can have just one!

momx4_1973
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Stick to your guns!! She has NO right to be doing what she's doing!! As a matter of fact, I'd tell the crazy bat that if she ever wants to be in y'all's life, she had better start acting a whole heck of a lot better! And if they think it's just hunky dory to come on over after you've said not to, call the police and have a trespass warning slapped on BOTH of them! Your house, your kid, your rules! NO ONE and I mean NO ONE has the right to come into your home uninvited!!!

I had some issues with my mil about boundaries and believe you me, they got fixed quick like! You aren't coming into my home and telling me what I'm gonna do and what I'm not gonna do, you can be shown theough that door as fast as you we're let in! Period, the end!!

If y'all are planning on moving, the sooner the better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 7, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Sounds crazy! First I wouldn't let my in-laws mess up my relationship with my husband. Everyone needs to respect one another and learn to work together as a family.
Malibudreamin
by on May. 7, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Well, you guys sound like you got a lot of help. Accepting that help opened a lot of doors.

shenecarlson
by New Member on May. 8, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Maybe go to family counseling with everyone. Then you have a mediator
try2bstrong
by New Member on May. 8, 2014 at 1:15 AM

I agree, Its o.k. that we are hearing only your side of the story. I think these MIL and sometimes our own moms forget what it was like to have a baby. Not just the physical sense but also all the emotions and all the ups and downs you go through. This is the time for you to be with your baby and hubby and that is the only thing that matters. When the baby grows a little more and you had some more time to rest and deal with your PPD, then you start doing the whole visiting thing. Its really not easy for you or for the baby to be shlumped around to visit anyone. Take care of yourself and your little family, and the MIL can go and kiss your A**!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)